I've used BB's for many years. Because Z10 w/BB o.s. apps were no longer viable, I upgraded to Dtek50 w/Android o.s.

But I have never ever had any issues with SD cards. Over and over again, I am trying to have Dtek recognize a SD card. But it keeps citing something is corrupted after trying to format it.

I've used 2 different SD cards, ie 32g & 64g, but they are the same issues for DTEK.

I've connected the cards to Win10, they show/appear in good shape.

I've wiped the volumes and formatted, ie Fat32 and xFat via Win10 with success. But inserting the SD cards back into the DTEK only results in the same d--m thing, corrupted card.

I've also tried all kinds of little fixes here and there via Google Searches. But all FUTILE.

So this issue must be a DTEK defect? DTEK is fully updated via BB.com and GooglePlay.com
    11-10-21 05:55 PM
    It would seem that the contacts for the micro SD are dirty or bent in the phone and it isn't communicating correctly with the card. Be warned that it is very, very difficult to make things better and VERY easy to make the problem much worse by poking around in the slot. To have any chance at getting it working, you need a microscope, very fine tools, a very steady hand, and plenty of experience. Even then, it's probably not fixable.
    11-11-21 12:31 AM
    It would seem that the contacts for the micro SD are dirty or bent in the phone and it isn't communicating correctly with the card. Be warned that it is very, very difficult to make things better and VERY easy to make the problem much worse by poking around in the slot. To have any chance at getting it working, you need a microscope, very fine tools, a very steady hand, and plenty of experience. Even then, it's probably not fixable.
    Thanks for the response. I'd thought as much as well. But it boggles me to percieve how the itty bitty contacts are misaligned. I've also pondered if encryption was the hinderance. But cant find how to disable encryption. Further, the phone seller believes it is likely a dtek security feature prohibiting the card(s) from being used. But I've spent a good deal of my life over the past 10 days fiddling with this phone, ie a phone that would otherwise have been a perfect replacement for the Z10. Very sad and frustrating with all the trouble i've gone thru with this Dtek. I am going to take it to a phone repair shop to get an assessment. It will be a do or die for me as to whether I will ever spend money and time on BB again.

In anycase, thanks again for the response and thoughts. I am certainly hoping others may add their 2cents here as well. There is nothing on Google regarding this type of issue being a possible hardware issue as you had kindly mentioned in your response. :-)
    11-11-21 09:44 AM
    Thanks for the response. I'd thought as much as well. But it boggles me to percieve how the itty bitty contacts are misaligned. I've also pondered if encryption was the hinderance. But cant find how to disable encryption. Further, the phone seller believes it is likely a dtek security feature prohibiting the card(s) from being used. But I've spent a good deal of my life over the past 10 days fiddling with this phone, ie a phone that would otherwise have been a perfect replacement for the Z10. Very sad and frustrating with all the trouble i've gone thru with this Dtek. I am going to take it to a phone repair shop to get an assessment. It will be a do or die for me as to whether I will ever spend money and time on BB again.

In anycase, thanks again for the response and thoughts. I am certainly hoping others may add their 2cents here as well. There is nothing on Google regarding this type of issue being a possible hardware issue as you had kindly mentioned in your response. :-)
    Don't waste your time and money on a dtek 50. I have one and it is absolute trash. It's laggy, it's outdated, the battery won't last 8hours unless you basically don't touch the phone, and it's nowhere near the user experience of BB10.

You're better off buying a midrange 5g phone made this year than trying to get this BlackBerry stickered wannabe piece of junk working.

Posted via CB10
    11-11-21 02:53 PM

Being that BlackBerry left the smartphone business about five years ago... and 99% of their products are not consumer facing, and the last licesed phone from someone else was over three years ago. Your threat of not spending money on BB again, they kind of beat you too it...

Don't know of any special security requirements with DTEK's SD Card.... Encryption might not allow you to see data, but you could format the disk. A shop might be able to clean or realign the contacts, but not sure I'd put money into a five year old midgrade phone that is long past being secure. You could buy a new $100 phone that would be better quality and more secure....

But all that said... have you tried the the exFAT driver? In Google Play https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ry.exfat&hl=en was needed in those older phones.
    11-12-21 09:25 AM
    Being that BlackBerry left the smartphone business about five years ago... and 99% of their products are not consumer facing, and the last licesed phone from someone else was over three years ago. Your threat of not spending money on BB again, they kind of beat you too it... .
    I had no idea they left the phone business behind. When i shop around, i find BB's being sold everywhere. But thanks for the information and the advice. btw: I tried that exFat app/driver. But it made no difference. I did however, find the comments posted on that app download sight highly interesting.

In any case, thanks for wising me up. Frankly, when its time to get rid of this Dtek, i dont know what options are left for people like myself. I have yet to see a clean nice looking phone that people use. I mean, why would people like me would i want a gold colored oversized phone? :-)
    11-13-21 09:55 AM
    Don't waste your time and money on a dtek 50. I have one and it is absolute trash. It's laggy, it's outdated, the battery won't last 8hours unless you basically don't touch the phone, and it's nowhere near the user experience of BB10.

You're better off buying a midrange 5g phone made this year than trying to get this BlackBerry stickered wannabe piece of junk working.

Posted via CB10
    You're logic is impecable. I wish I had read such a review before buying my Dtek. In fact, I am almost sure that i did google for it and found nothing negative. But with this thread, i think people will now have an opportunity to know about this phone.

I think since I only use the phones for basic things, ie phone, text, email and maps, and camera, i will likely stick with this. I mean, i spent too many hours and money already on this phone. And i truly dont want to spend any more money and time on finding a suitable replacement, especially since this phone was less than 80 bucks.

I heard that the operating systems could be replaced on this phone. Do you have any thoughts on this?
    11-13-21 10:01 AM
    You're logic is impecable. I wish I had read such a review before buying my Dtek. In fact, I am almost sure that i did google for it and found nothing negative. But with this thread, i think people will now have an opportunity to know about this phone.

I think since I only use the phones for basic things, ie phone, text, email and maps, and camera, i will likely stick with this. I mean, i spent too many hours and money already on this phone. And i truly dont want to spend any more money and time on finding a suitable replacement, especially since this phone was less than 80 bucks.

I heard that the operating systems could be replaced on this phone. Do you have any thoughts on this?
    Nope all BlackBerry devices have locked boot roms.... your stuck on Android 6.
    dbben db1usa likes this.
    11-15-21 08:43 AM
    Nope all BlackBerry devices have locked boot roms.... your stuck on Android 6.
    thank you!
    11-15-21 08:57 AM