hi there, i have a dtek50 and did start an update, before i went to sleep. in the next morning i started my mobile and only see a screen with blacberry in the middle and powered by android at the bottom. on top there is a menu with 4 categories like 1- barcode, 2- continue to bootup, 3 - reboot into fastboot, 4 - turn off the device.
    i called bb-service and they let me send it in, but come back with a defekt for water.. the indicator has been gone red. but not as a send it in... ok.. long term schort, i now own a useless dtek50.
    is there a way to get it work?

thx for any info and/or help
    02-02-18 09:27 AM
    hi there, i have a dtek50 and did start an update, before i went to sleep. in the next morning i started my mobile and only see a screen with blacberry in the middle and powered by android at the bottom. on top there is a menu with 4 categories like 1- barcode, 2- continue to bootup, 3 - reboot into fastboot, 4 - turn off the device.
    i called bb-service and they let me send it in, but come back with a defekt for water.. the indicator has been gone red. but not as a send it in... ok.. long term schort, i now own a useless dtek50.
    is there a way to get it work?

https://picload.org/infonail/ddwdlwor/dtek50start.jpg

thx for any info and/or help
    You have to send it in for repair unless you can convince them to send you a recent, working autoloader.
    02-02-18 10:44 AM
    i send it in...ok.. then i'm going to try to get a working autoloader...phew, thx....is there else a way to use an autoloader for the idol 4?
    02-02-18 10:51 AM
    ..is there else a way to use an autoloader for the idol 4?
    No.
    02-02-18 11:20 AM
    i send it in...ok.. then i'm going to try to get a working autoloader...phew, thx....is there else a way to use an autoloader for the idol 4?
    Wonder what the official Idol 4 software/security level is?

But as conite said, you can't use any other package other than a signed BlackBerry software package... which they haven't been releasing for the DTEK50 as they are in support limbo.

That said, if there was water damage, new reloading the OS might not fix it anyway. I have a water "resistant" phone in a water "resistant" life proof case...
    02-02-18 11:40 AM