I cannot get a BlackBerry product that is WiFi calling enabled through my carrier (boo AT and T) sadly probably going to have to go to Sammy!? :/ can I get and use the dtek app on a Galaxy!? I don't wanna leave but it's looking grim ....
    08-12-19 10:46 AM
    can I get and use the dtek app on a Galaxy!?
    No. It is only available on BlackBerry smartphones.
    08-12-19 10:56 AM
    No. It is only available on BlackBerry smartphones.
    Now this would be a great thing for BBMo to monetize. Can't tell you how many times I have shown co-workers and friends the app (especially with all the "Big Brother listens to everything" stories making the news these days) and to have an app that immediately alerts the user that specific app has invoked camera, microphone, location, whatever, is amazing. I have had people tell me they would $5.00 a month for security like that...

BBMo, are you guys listening?
    08-12-19 12:58 PM
    Now this would be a great thing for BBMo to monetize. Can't tell you how many times I have shown co-workers and friends the app (especially with all the "Big Brother listens to everything" stories making the news these days) and to have an app that immediately alerts the user that specific app has invoked camera, microphone, location, whatever, is amazing. I have had people tell me they would $5.00 a month for security like that...

BBMo, are you guys listening?
    I'm not sure they actually can. I might be incorrect, but I believe some of DTEK depends on the BlackBerry BIDE services that are embedded into the BlackBerry Android OS. If that's the case, they would have to remove BIDE as a dependency or find a way to build it into the DTEK app itself, in which case it may not work the same. But again, I'm not 100% sure on that.
    zephyr613 likes this.
    08-12-19 01:53 PM