Passport went for a swim. It seems to be functioning normally except for the screen (ok, that's a big exception). Notifies and rings as usual, screen comes in an out but is keeping time, showing notifications. Can't launch any apps though, no touch.

It's fully backed up onto Blackberry desktop. I would like to be able to transfer that to my new KeyOne but understand that's probably not happening, BB10 to Android. Is it possible to send the backup to my q10 instead? Or do I need to find a used Passport for this?
    01-05-18 08:24 PM
    Passport went for a swim. It seems to be functioning normally except for the screen (ok, that's a big exception). Notifies and rings as usual, screen comes in an out but is keeping time, showing notifications. Can't launch any apps though, no touch.

It's fully backed up onto Blackberry desktop. I would like to be able to transfer that to my new KeyOne but understand that's probably not happening, BB10 to Android. Is it possible to send the backup to my q10 instead? Or do I need to find a used Passport for this?
    You can load the backup onto the Q10 provided they have the same software versions.
    In case they don't, there is a slight workaround for that as well https://m.crackberry.com/restoring-b...-blackberry-10.
    From the Q10 use the Content transfer app to transfer it to the KEYᴼᴺᴱ.

ClassicSQC100-1/10.3.3.2163
    01-05-18 09:11 PM
    All is not lost with your device.
    For years the first thing we used to suggest is to put your device in a bag of rice!
    Within a few days the rice will have absorbed the water.

This works very well for those that haven't tried other home remedies and remembered to turn the device OFF.

FYI: The home remedy most used through the years (if anyone's counting) is to simply place your device into a microwave. ( please use a microwave safe dish)
    When Using this method, I suggest you make some popcorn first.
    It somehow compliments watching as your mobile device melts down into nothing you've seen before.
    It's been billed as a Horror story but then if you rerun it a few times you begin to see the comedy in it .
    01-05-18 10:54 PM
    One software program you can use to transfer your Passport files to the Keyone is called "Blackberry content Transfer" as mentioned by AmritD above. The Keyone comes with the app but you must also have the app on your Passport.

There are also numerous file converter that can be downloaded to your PC and offer many choices as to what yoou'd like to convert to what.

FYI: Make extra popcorn in the event friends come by.
    This is the weekend, after all!!!
    Last edited by Lostboy5151; 01-05-18 at 11:32 PM.
    01-05-18 11:10 PM
    FYI: The home remedy most used through the years (if anyone's counting) is to simply place your device into a microwave. ( please use a microwave safe dish)
    For those susceptible to Poe’s Law, Lostboy5151 is joking. DO NOT PUT YOUR PHONE IN THE MICROWAVE.

If you do decide to take this course of action, please make sure you have a fire extinguisher handy, as your device contains a number of metal components.
    anon(3732391) likes this.
    01-06-18 08:20 AM
    For those susceptible to Poe’s Law, Lostboy5151 is joking. DO NOT PUT YOUR PHONE IN THE MICROWAVE.

If you do decide to take this course of action, please make sure you have a fire extinguisher handy, as your device contains a number of metal components.
    Humor is just a funny way of being serious. (I do NOT joke!)

Drowned my Passport, can I save the data with no screen or ability to launch apps?-image-989679274.png
    01-07-18 05:03 AM