Seriously need help on this. I wanna use it as my daily driver. Not sure if there are any issues in the OS. So should I intstall it or not as I want my phone to work well. Minor issues can be compromised.

Posted Via : The Beast 'BlackBerry Z10'
    12-21-14 03:44 AM
    Seriously need help on this. I wanna use it as my daily driver. Not sure if there are any issues in the OS. So should I intstall it or not as I want my phone to work well. Minor issues can be compromised.

What device are you on?

Verizon Z10 on Golan Telecom....?
    12-21-14 05:01 AM

Do you want me to build you a Hybrid with the 1154 OS and the 939 Radio.

It said to have the best signal and battery life out of all the radios.

12-21-14 05:01 AM
    I loaded it on Z3 and it works fine

A Happy Passport User....
    12-21-14 05:14 AM
    Do you want me to build you a Hybrid with the 1154 OS and the 939 Radio.

It said to have the best signal and battery life out of all the radios.

No I don't want that really. I wanted to know if it could be used as a daily driver or not? means an OS without any kind of major issues such as frequent restarts, no notifications about calls or sms etc. Minor issues will not bother me much but just wandering if it will not give me any reasons to go back to 10.2.1.2977 as it was the best working official OS till now.

12-21-14 05:16 AM
    I loaded it on Z3 and it works fine

A Happy Passport User....
    You have an alternate device. I don't have one that's why I am concerned a bit.

12-21-14 05:17 AM
    If you are in doubt, why did you downloaded OS? If after all you found on this forums, you still have some concerns, please leave downloaded package alone and wait until February. If you feeling adventurous, brave, on the cutting edge, rebellious, go for it. Worst it could happen is you don't like it and you go back to official OS... just few hours of your life and a lot of experience gained.

I have 1154 on all my bbry's and it is just fine.. for fun and as daily driver. Just do it!

Posted via CB10
    MorgothPT likes this.
    12-21-14 05:35 AM
    If you are in doubt, why did you downloaded OS? If after all you found on this forums, you still have some concerns, please leave downloaded package alone and wait until February. If you feeling adventurous, brave, on the cutting edge, rebellious, go for it. Worst it could happen is you don't like it and you go back to official OS... just few hours of your life and a lot of experience gained.

I have 1154 on all my bbry's and it is just fine.. for fun and as daily driver. Just do it!

Posted via CB10
    I will give it a shot now...not sure what will happen but will try it now for sure.

12-21-14 05:43 AM
    Yeah its definitely good enough for a daily driver

12-21-14 07:10 AM
    Load it. I've had no issues on my Z30 since I loaded it when it first leaked.

Posted via CB10
    12-21-14 07:16 AM
    I will post back my feedback after installing the OS. Thanks for the rply guys

12-21-14 07:25 AM
    I put 1154 on my Q. I love it. But I lost two functions. #1, the ability to share a contact. #2, Calendar event reminders no longer have sound notification. I got an application to square away #1. The calendar issue is the bigger issue.

SQN 100-2 on Big Red.

BleedBlk-
    12-21-14 07:42 AM
    I put 1154 on my Q. I love it. But I lost two functions. #1, the ability to share a contact. #2, Calendar event reminders no longer have sound notification. I got an application to square away #1. The calendar issue is the bigger issue.

SQN 100-2 on Big Red.

BleedBlk-
    Calender reminders never came into use for me, have to look for contact sharing ability

12-21-14 07:48 AM
    I'm on 10.3.1.1154 from the day it cames out and have not one issue on my Z10 STL 100-2
    12-21-14 08:17 AM
    I'm on 10.3.1.1154 from the day it cames out and have not one issue on my Z10 STL 100-2
    I have the same device and hope the same results for me.
    By the way which method you have used to upgrade to .1154? Sc wipe etc. Wht have u done?

12-21-14 08:28 AM
    I agree with Chris. Recently downloaded 10.3.1.1154, and upgraded my Z10 STL100-2. Best thing I've done in a while, and it works like a charm. No issues whatever. Bear in mind though, it's not an official release.
    12-21-14 08:31 AM
    I agree with Chris. Recently downloaded 10.3.1.1154, and upgraded my Z10 STL100-2. Best thing I've done in a while, and it works like a charm. No issues whatever. Bear in mind though, it's not an official release.
    By which method do you upgraded to .1154?

12-21-14 08:54 AM
    I used an autoloader, which is a destructive method. It is user friendly, requiring you to just plug in the phone and run the autoloader.

Make sure you back up your data first. And also, once you finish the autoloading process, do a security wipe before loading back your data.
    12-21-14 11:00 PM
    I used an autoloader, which is a destructive method. It is user friendly, requiring you to just plug in the phone and run the autoloader.

Make sure you back up your data first. And also, once you finish the autoloading process, do a security wipe before loading back your data.
    Do I need to security wipe before using the autoloader or after that? I have no intention of restoring any kind of data. I can use different means for restoring my contacts.
    Btw u said autoloader is destructive method, can u explain that thing?

12-21-14 11:04 PM
    It wipes the data on the phone, that's why it is considered destructive.

As for the security wipe, do it after you finish the autoloading process.

What I've read, and personal experience too, is that the first time I used an autoloader, I had keyboard issues (like the spacebar not being recognized while typing). They were gone after the security wipe.
    12-21-14 11:25 PM
    It wipes the data on the phone, that's why it is considered destructive.

As for the security wipe, do it after you finish the autoloading process.

What I've read, and personal experience too, is that the first time I used an autoloader, I had keyboard issues (like the spacebar not being recognized while typing). They were gone after the security wipe.
    Okk....thanks for your help buddy. and have you restored any kind of data using Link?

12-21-14 11:36 PM
    Never used link before. All the data I save are just contacts using an app from blackberry world called "Contacts ImEx" and media which I save on Box via the file manager.

For the apps, I just went to blackberry world, my world and reinstalled them from the list... as for android apps, I just wrote them down and downloaded them again later.

--

Edit: what I did do the first time I used an autoloader was to make a backup of the 10.2 version of my phone with link... but that's the most I've used link for. I haven't had the need to use that backup. 10.3.1 runs excellent on my Z10.
    12-22-14 01:16 AM
    By which method do you upgraded to .1154?

I created my own blitz withe the core OS , Radio and debrick and loaded with sachesi
    12-22-14 01:56 AM
    I created my own blitz withe the core OS , Radio and debrick and loaded with sachesi
    Don't know much about that. So i'll stick with the Autoloader.

12-22-14 08:36 AM
    Never used link before. All the data I save are just contacts using an app from blackberry world called "Contacts ImEx" and media which I save on Box via the file manager.

For the apps, I just went to blackberry world, my world and reinstalled them from the list... as for android apps, I just wrote them down and downloaded them again later.

--

Edit: what I did do the first time I used an autoloader was to make a backup of the 10.2 version of my phone with link... but that's the most I've used link for. I haven't had the need to use that backup. 10.3.1 runs excellent on my Z10.
    For media i'll consider PC n for contacts i'll use some app from the BlackBerry World.

12-22-14 08:38 AM
29 12