Hello everyone, I'm using Cobalt's Google Play store and downloaded the apps I wanted to use. I installed them, no problem but a few days later the Play store notified me that there is an update available with one of the patched apps I installed.

Do I go ahead and press the update or do I uninstall the app, download it again, patch before installing it?

I read an article that I cannot update the patched app with the unpatched app or vice versa but the article did not expand the explanation so I'm confused.

Anyone?

"Shame! Shame! Shame! Ding ding ding" -Septa Unella
    06-23-16 05:42 AM
    Hello everyone, I'm using Cobalt's Google Play store and downloaded the apps I wanted to use. I installed them, no problem but a few days later the Play store notified me that there is an update available with one of the patched apps I installed.

Do I go ahead and press the update or do I uninstall the app, download it again, patch before installing it?

I read an article that I cannot update the patched app with the unpatched app or vice versa but the article did not expand the explanation so I'm confused.

Anyone?

Patch it then install over, you don't update from play store if they need to be patched.

Posted via CB10
    06-23-16 05:57 AM
    I directly update. I never had any issues..

BlackBerry Z30 fan nd a Proud Passport SE user
    06-23-16 09:46 AM
    I directly update. I never had any issues..

Where those Apps patched though?

Posted via CB10
    06-23-16 09:56 AM

Anyone?

Does the app work reasonably well for you? Does the update give you a new function that you "must" have? If the answers are yes to the first and no to the second questions then just leave it alone. Sometimes (and this is going to get more and more common with the aging android runtime in BB10) you can easily break something that was working just fine all for the sake of updating just because it is there. Just my opinion.
    06-23-16 10:09 AM
    If the app didn't need patching, it will update fine through the Play Store.

If the app being updated was previously patched, you can hit "Update" anyway. What happens is that it gets downloaded, then the BB10 apk installer kicks in. It will see that the signatures are different and cancel out itself and go back to the Play Store.

Now, you just exit the Play Store > hook the phone to your PC > find the new apk file in your phone's download folder > copy it to the PC, patch it, copy it back to your patched app folder on the phone > then look for it in your phone's file manager and tap it to install. The android installer will open up and since the signatures now match, you will see the option to update.

I do this all the time with no problems.

Posted via CB10
    06-23-16 10:24 AM
    Where those Apps patched though?

Posted via CB10
    I ve only 3 android apps. One is Box app, second cam scanner nd third flightstats. And they ve updated without any issues.

06-24-16 09:15 AM
    I ve only 3 android apps. One is Box app, second cam scanner nd third flightstats. And they ve updated without any issues.

Didn't answer the question :P
    If you had patched those Apps they wouldn't have even installed from Google Play because of the signature mismatch
    06-24-16 10:48 AM
    If you ever installed facebook apk with older version, palaystore app will notify you to update the facebook app, but never update if you want to use the old android facebook app

Posted via CB10
    06-24-16 11:31 AM