I usually plug in my Dtek60 when I go to bed so it is plugged in all night. I read that it's best to charge to 80%, then run down to 20%.
    So last night I unplugged when it was at 80%, closed all my apps, and double tapped to shut off the screen.
    This AM I woke up to a phone with only 25% battery left!!
    I checked the memory, and it said 60 apps are using memory.
    Does that mean 60 apps are running in the background? How do I stop that?
    Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
    BB9000>Q10>Z10>Z30>Z30>Classic>Dtek50>Dtek60
    04-14-18 07:59 PM
    I usually plug in my Dtek60 when I go to bed so it is plugged in all night. I read that it's best to charge to 80%, then run down to 20%.
    So last night I unplugged when it was at 80%, closed all my apps, and double tapped to shut off the screen.
    This AM I woke up to a phone with only 25% battery left!!
    I checked the memory, and it said 60 apps are using memory.
    Does that mean 60 apps are running in the background? How do I stop that?
    Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
    Good news, I can help! Go to settings, then security and privacy, then go to application permissions (it should be the very first option). Hit the permission bar and select run in background and disallow all of the apps that you don't want to run in the background. Another good method is to shut down your phone every night and let it charge like that. If you don't notice any results, then you might need a new battery or you may have a faulty charging wire. If you want/need any battery conserving tips, just Quote me. Good luck!
    04-14-18 11:55 PM
    Rather check the battery usage as to what ate your battery during that time period.

ClassicSQC100-1/10.3.3.2163
    howarmat likes this.
    04-15-18 12:56 AM
    Any chance you may have left your wifi or mobile data or Bluetooth on? Like someone else above mentioned I would usually charge my phone over night switched off and plugged into a timer so it's only on for 2.5 hours. But I think leaving in on charge all night wouldn't do it any harm either. I just switch it off in case I try using it when sleep walking ;-)

Posted via my Awesome passport
    04-15-18 03:15 AM
    Good news, I can help! Go to settings, then security and privacy, then go to application permissions (it should be the very first option). Hit the permission bar and select run in background and disallow all of the apps that you don't want to run in the background. Another good method is to shut down your phone every night and let it charge like that. If you don't notice any results, then you might need a new battery or you may have a faulty charging wire. If you want/need any battery conserving tips, just Quote me. Good luck!
    You might be using a different OS. This is Marshmallow. In settings there is just "security" no privacy, and no button under app permissions ( separate from security), for run in background.

Turning off phone at night is not an option as I get emergency calls.

My battery use during the day is pretty normal for a Dtek60. I would just like to find out what apps are running in the background and how to stop them. How could there be 60 apps using memory?
    04-15-18 07:10 AM
    You might be using a different OS. This is Marshmallow. In settings there is just "security" no privacy, and no button under app permissions ( separate from security), for run in background.

Turning off phone at night is not an option as I get emergency calls.

My battery use during the day is pretty normal for a Dtek60. I would just like to find out what apps are running in the background and how to stop them. How could there be 60 apps using memory?
    Okay, that makes sense, I'm on BB10, so settings are slightly different, but not much. Find the option in settings where it says application permissions and make sure that none of them run in the background. Also, how many apps do you ha e downloaded?

Posted via CB10
    04-15-18 09:52 AM
    Okay, that makes sense, I'm on BB10, so settings are slightly different, but not much. Find the option in settings where it says application permissions and make sure that none of them run in the background. Also, how many apps do you ha e downloaded?

Posted via CB10
    I figured you were on BB10 LOL!
    I still use my Z30 and the battery lasts forever!!! Too bad I can't use it as my primary phone.

04-15-18 10:53 AM