I purchased the priv recently and am loving it. My only drawback are battery life (I came from an xpower) I have never used a blackberry before and am having trouble adjusting my big thumbs to the keyboard. I wanted to known if anyone else found they got faster and more comfortable with the keyboard despite oversized thumbs or if you just use the onscreen board?
    05-10-18 08:57 PM
    I purchased the priv recently and am loving it. My only drawback are battery life (I came from an xpower) I have never used a blackberry before and am having trouble adjusting my big thumbs to the keyboard. I wanted to known if anyone else found they got faster and more comfortable with the keyboard despite oversized thumbs or if you just use the onscreen board?
    Welcome to CrackBerry! When it comes to typing on the physical keyboard on your Priv, it is worth giving yourself some time to practice with it. Be patient with yourself. Like anything new, it can take a little time to get used to something we haven't done before. I don't have the biggest thumbs around but I have other issues with them. I had an injury to one of them that gives ongoing stiffness. One time the other was also "compromised" by a yellow jacket sting. It was a fluke that I got stung right where it bends and I had trouble bending it for a long time. When I first got my Priv, I made a point of using the physical keyboard to get used to it. I approached it like learning an instrument. It was well worth it. I have had mine for 2..5 years and I love typing on it. Of course the virtual keyboard on the Priv is great, but I wanted to have that spacious screen when I was typing. I also have a KEYone now and though the Priv keyboard is perhaps a little more narrow, I actually find it at least as easy to type on as the KEYone, because of its responsiveness.
    05-11-18 02:17 AM