Previously while downloading any app from Google play store the app used to get tested with BlackBerry guardian server and since yesterday the same says cannot connect to the blackberry server .
    Kindly assist
    Z30
    STA100-2

Posted via CB10
    03-04-18 07:47 AM
    Previously while downloading any app from Google play store the app used to get tested with BlackBerry guardian server and since yesterday the same says cannot connect to the blackberry server .
    Kindly assist
    Z30
    STA100-2

Posted via CB10
    It looks like that service has been shutdown. If you download through play store build with Cobalts fix you have nothing to worry about.
    03-04-18 08:04 AM
    Great question, great answer! **NOTE** this is true too in BlackBerry World where the Guardian Server took a dump...

**Did BlackBerry notify customers of the Guardian going down (in BlackBerry World) as that was a trusted element I looked to in both BlackBerry World AND in using Cobalt's second build Google Play Store on all BB10 devices.(?)
    **I am just asking for BlackBerry World...

One interesting note additionally. As UPDATES appear in the Play Store on your BB10 device (e.g., Cobalt's Build), you need NOT to always get those updates. You do NOT need them!
    Because, AS TIME MOVES FORWARD those updates will cause increasing errors on your BB10 device. Why fix it if it's NOT broken?
    Lets say for example you've Google Translate on your Passport/Classic/P'9983 and it works great. Then you see an update in the Play Store (Cobalt's). That does not mean you should get it as those nightly builds intended for 'Droid devices (in 2018) have no concern for any discontinued BB10 device. If it works great, leave it alone.
    Now, there are times as of recent where the Guardian Server works. When you have older APK files you've collected over the months and years, keeping them in your File Manager (on your BB10) and you wish to reuse this older build of whatever app it is, the BlackBerry Guardian server/scan will actually work. Go figure.
    Bottom line is that there's gonna be little problems and errors along the way in the hopes that BlackBerry can get as many people eventually over to Android at some point, errors on BBM
    But that will be difficult as our older BB10 and Legacy devices will be around for a long, long time... Hell, I still use my BlackBerry 7290 at times!

Posted via CB10
    04-24-18 03:31 PM