Sorry if this has already been answered somewhere, but I didn't see it listed in the specs. I figured it would have it since the priv has it. Can you confirm?

Thanks!
    02-28-17 07:22 PM
    If it does, there has been absolutely zero mention of it from anyone. Safe to say, no wireless charging.
    xandros9 likes this.
    02-28-17 07:23 PM
    If it does, there has been absolutely zero mention of it from anyone. Safe to say, no wireless charging.
    Bummer. Thanks for the quick response!
    02-28-17 07:28 PM
    Bummer. Thanks for the quick response!
    But it has QC3 and "Boost" charging.
    Bla1ze likes this.
    02-28-17 07:29 PM
    Yea, with a battery that size and quick charge shouldn't be much of an issue for battery life although I guess I see why some people like the convenience of having it. No plugs at all. Great for office junkies.

Posted Via Passport with CB10 app
    FF22 likes this.
    02-28-17 07:32 PM
    Definitely good features to have, but the speed of charging isn't as important to me. I really appreciate being able to just place my phone on a stand charger without having to mess with cables...1st world problem.

Maybe if there are some really good sync/charging docks available, I'll consider it. Or maybe I'll just stick with the Priv. I had wireless charging back when I had the Palm Pre through Pre3 then lost it with the Z10. I really don't want to lose it again.
    02-28-17 07:41 PM
    Definitely good features to have, but the speed of charging isn't as important to me. I really appreciate being able to just place my phone on a stand charger without having to mess with cables...1st world problem.

Maybe if there are some really good sync/charging docks available, I'll consider it. Or maybe I'll just stick with the Priv. I had wireless charging back when I had the Palm Pre through Pre3 then lost it with the Z10. I really don't want to lose it again.
    I get that. But 50% charge in half an hour is amazing. Love my DTEK60 for that too.
    TommyBB and 00stryder like this.
    02-28-17 07:44 PM
    Given the size of the battery and it's QC3 capabilities I can see where wireless charging isn't necessary.

Posted via CB10
    03-01-17 04:51 AM

I was in the same situation. Went from Pre 3 to Classic and lost it, then onto the Priv and got Qi back.

But given how Qi works compared to Touchstone, I think I can live without it and just use Quick Charge. It doesn't line up with magnets so it's somewhat a pain to use in contrast.

Nice to have but not a necessity anymore. I'm just retrofitting my cars with Quick Chargers instead.
    03-01-17 09:15 AM
    Wireless charging sucks.

QC 3.0 with a dock (if they had it) would be the best!
    03-01-17 10:31 AM
    Wireless charging sucks.

QC 3.0 with a dock (if they had it) would be the best!
    Wireless charging is great if you have ever had a USB port go bad. And for overnight charging of sitting on your desk at work... it pretty convenient to just lay it on the pad or in the stand.

But I agree that QC3 is great when you have been out for a while and play to go back out again in just a little bit.

Both are great features! That's why many Flagship phones have both... sounds like even Apple is planning to add this finally.
    FF22 and xandros9 like this.
    03-01-17 10:52 AM
    I don't find wireless charging that useful personally, I mean unless your at your desk, your not going to use of in the car. And I have the sanding s7 edge and it doesn't airways work properly, I've left it on the charging PDF thinking it's charging and only to find out that I had to place it in exact position to get out to charge. It also didn't charge very fast on wireless charging.
    03-01-17 11:06 AM
    I don't find wireless charging that useful personally, I mean unless your at your desk, your not going to use of in the car. And I have the sanding s7 edge and it doesn't airways work properly, I've left it on the charging PDF thinking it's charging and only to find out that I had to place it in exact position to get out to charge. It also didn't charge very fast on wireless charging.
    That was actually my primary use case for Wireless Charging back with my Pre (3). Plunk the phone on the wireless charger which doubles as a magnetic holder, Bluetooth connects, and off I go.
    03-01-17 11:23 AM
    I'm hoping that because it isn't advertised on the KeyOne that it is like on the Priv where wireless charging is in some models

I find wireless charging so convenient since I just put my Priv on my Wireless Car Charger which is always plugged into my car (and it starts charging) as well as when I put my Priv on my wireless charging desk stand. No need to fiddle around with cables or anything. Good thing I didn't purchase the Canadian version of the Priv since that model doesn't include wireless charging.
    03-02-17 10:30 AM
    I'm hoping that because it isn't advertised on the KeyOne that it is like on the Priv where wireless charging is in some models

I find wireless charging so convenient since I just put my Priv on my Wireless Car Charger which is always plugged into my car (and it starts charging) as well as when I put my Priv on my wireless charging desk stand. No need to fiddle around with cables or anything. Good thing I didn't purchase the Canadian version of the Priv since that model doesn't include wireless charging.
    Which wireless car charger do you use for your Priv?
    03-02-17 11:01 AM
    Which wireless car charger do you use for your Priv?
    I purchased the "MoKo Fast Wireless Charger, 3-Coil Qi Wireless Car Charging Cradle" from Amazon. I purchased a 3 coil wireless charger for both my desk and my car since I had purchased one of those novelty Captain America circular wireless chargers and I had to move my Priv around to get it to charge properly and it was hit or miss charging my Priv inside the slider case that ShopBlackberry gave the early adopters of the Priv.

I don't have any problems charging my Priv using either of the 3 coil wireless chargers that I purchased even though I keep my Priv in the slider case. My only issue is that my Priv does get warmer than usual when charging but my Priv has consistently run hot whenever I stream Netflix or update a lot of Google Apps at a single time.
    03-02-17 11:17 AM
    Depends on the dock you use. If you use docks like Tylt or Spigen dock wireless chargers, placement is perfect every time, in portrait or landscape. And every dock I own has light and beeps to let you know it's charging. My S7e beeps and gives visual confirmation.

I also use a wireless charging dock in the car. Basically, I never use wires. Charging pads/docks at home, in car, workspace, etc. Now, the car dock needs to be placed fairly precisely, but worth it.

Wireless charging isn't a make or break feature for me just yet, but its getting close. Just so convenient.
    Dunt Dunt Dunt likes this.
    03-02-17 11:30 AM
    great. never like the wireless charging... charging pod would be nice - if design properly...
    03-02-17 11:50 AM
    My vehicle has wireless charging built-in. In fact more and more manufacturers are starting to include it.

When you place a Priv on a pad, you can see if it is charging and they even include a way to see if is properly placed on the pad. After a few uses, I no longer even need to verify as I hear the tone and know where to put it on the pad.
    04-29-17 09:28 PM
    My vehicle has wireless charging built-in. In fact more and more manufacturers are starting to include it.

When you place a Priv on a pad, you can see if it is charging and they even include a way to see if is properly placed on the pad. After a few uses, I no longer even need to verify as I hear the tone and know where to put it on the pad.
    Been to Starbucks a number of times here at home... drive thru. Was in New York a few weeks ago and wife want to get out of the weather and go in, first time I'd seen wireless charging built into the table/counter for customers to keep their devices charging.
    05-01-17 11:12 AM
    Been to Starbucks a number of times here at home... drive thru. Was in New York a few weeks ago and wife want to get out of the weather and go in, first time I'd seen wireless charging built into the table/counter for customers to keep their devices charging.
    Yep, Starbucks is part of the Power Matters Alliance (PMA) which the Priv supports as well as Qi. Out of the two, I prefer PMA because Qualcomm is not involved in it. Many of the vehicle manufacturers prefer Qi though. The really sad thing, the two standards are not all that different and it doesn't take much to support both as some products already do. Qualcomm has a very bad track record when it comes to technologies that it created. They will license their IP but at what cost? Look at the current round of lawsuits involving Qualcomm.

One drawback of PMA is that it does support authentication, so if someone wanted to charge for charging devices, they could. Since every device has a unique ID, they could gather information of places you frequent. However, the same can be done with BT and WiFi though, since there is also a unique ID.
    05-01-17 04:36 PM