Hello there,

I just encrypted the sd card in my Z10, it took about 12 hours, I have noticed that browser has got really slower as well as its rotation, interestingly pics, music and vids (all of them located in the sd card) are working fine, I don't want to make a hard reset because I am afraid sd card becomes unreadable after that, thx in advance for your help.

Posted via CB10
    09-28-15 11:59 PM
    It'll ever so slightly slow down operations to and from the SD card, it's more that the SD card will not be recoverable if the phone dies.

The browser runs off internal memory so wouldn't be affected directly.

Posted to CB via my Passport | Lloyd Summers | FileArchiveHaven
    09-29-15 12:37 AM
    THX!

Posted via CB10
    09-30-15 03:30 AM
    Yup I notciced the same. it runs little slow but not as slow that it test your patience. It pans out alright if you use clqss 10 SDXC card.
    Like any routine due diligence I regularly take back up and format my card once every 6 month.
    09-30-15 05:25 AM
    Yup I notciced the same. it runs little slow but not as slow that it test your patience. It pans out alright if you use clqss 10 SDXC card.
    Like any routine due diligence I regularly take back up and format my card once every 6 month.
    Same here!

Posted via CB10
    10-01-15 12:33 AM
    If I encrypt the Phone and memory card, could it be that this needs more battery-power?

Thanks.

MfG
    10-01-15 07:25 AM
    Ye performance and battery power will be affected by encrypting and SD Card....

If you are using a Passport you'd probable never notice it..... using a Z10, it might be slightly noticeable. Really depends how much you are accessing that data.

But as noted the quality of your SD card can make a HUGE difference in performance.... one reason that many Android OEM's are moving away from SD Cards.
    10-01-15 07:34 AM