i'm trying to find which wireless charger to add to my DTEK50 (not received yet... can't wait)...
    I read a lot about QI chargers...???
    Any ideas?
    Thanks in advance.
    Regards from France
    08-09-16 01:26 AM
    No wireless charging.
    No wireless charging.
    nicolas richard likes this.
    08-09-16 04:17 AM
    hello Bla1ze,
    thanks for the quick answer... is there any way to modify that fact? i read that the Z30, or even the Z10 could...
    08-09-16 04:23 AM
    hello Bla1ze,
    thanks for the quick answer... is there any way to modify that fact? i read that the Z30, or even the Z10 could...
    I have a Z30 and a Promate wireless charges which works for Samsung but doesn't work with Z30 nor with DTEK50.
    nicolas richard likes this.
    08-30-16 03:52 AM
    You can get Wireless charging pads that plug into the usb port and stick to back of phone can be used in a case . But slower than cable charging and unplugging it while it's in a case can be a pain

Posted via G5 with hub+
    08-30-16 12:26 PM
    As of today no BlackBerry handset is compatible with Wireless Charging (QI) and to my surprises all iPhone untill 6s version it's not compatible, don't know for 7 but I doubt.
    10-11-16 08:16 AM
    As of today no BlackBerry handset is compatible with Wireless Charging (QI) and to my surprises all iPhone untill 6s version it's not compatible, don't know for 7 but I doubt.
    Not true. The US version of the Priv allows wireless charging.
    10-18-16 08:22 AM
    Well it's rather an exception, not a rule. It's only one handset produced for a specific market which is now covering 0.05% of the market. We can't really say (in my opinion) that BlackBerry handset have the QI capabilities.
    10-18-16 09:41 AM
    Three of the Priv models Stv100-1,100-2,100-3 have wireless charging capability.
    https://help.blackberry.com/en/priv/...613591886.html

Those models are not exclusive to the USA and my understanding is that ALL the Priv units sold through Shop BlackBerry (at least in North America) are wireless charging compatible.(Qi or PMA).

Also, the Verizon Z30 was the only Z30 variant (Sta100-3?) to be wireless charge capable.

With that noted and as OP has been informed the Dtek50 is not compatible nor will the Dtek60 be.

Posted via CB10
    10-18-16 05:09 PM
    The article you have linked looks like more or a patch rather than a planned solution and it's still the provider not the manufacturer. My old Z30 for instance it's far from compatible. But on a broader scale the wireless charging was never taken seriously by any manufacturers except from Samsung. Apple, HTC, Motorola, Nokia, I'm not aware of any of these being compatible for wireless charging. Rumors cite that it's still unknown whether there are health collateral effects.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    10-18-16 10:56 PM
    The article you have linked looks like more or a patch rather than a planned solution and it's still the provider not the manufacturer. My old Z30 for instance it's far from compatible. But on a broader scale the wireless charging was never taken seriously by any manufacturers except from Samsung. Apple, HTC, Motorola, Nokia, I'm not aware of any of these being compatible for wireless charging. Rumors cite that it's still unknown whether there are health collateral effects.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    The information I have linked is not a "patch" and is directly from the official BB Priv Support documents. The three listed Priv models are identified as wireless charge capable, regardless of provider.
    Not surprised that your Z30 is not wireless compatible..odds are it is not a Verizon model.
    10-19-16 01:35 AM