I'm looking for any programs that can side load bar files to my Blackberry Passport. I need to side load the WatchESPN app. I've tried it through Google Play and it does not work, along with downloading, installing of apk files. Some apk files work others do not. Google Play services acts funny at times with some particularly apps. Thank you.
    03-02-16 01:06 PM
    As previously suggested, if the Google play services are essential you need to use the Cobalt work around. SNAP unfortunately will not enable that requirement.
    See Bla1ze post above.

There are some apps however which you will never be able to run because the BlackBerry android runtime is not compatible with them. That being noted make sure you are updated to latest OS.

Posted via CB10
    Yes it does, but you can also use a Chrome extension or Sachesi. I like Sachesi--just do a search here on CB.
    03-02-16 01:08 PM
    I'm looking for any programs that can side load bar files to my Blackberry Passport. I need to side load the WatchESPN app. I've tried it through Google Play and it does not work, along with downloading, installing of apk files. Some apk files work others do not. Google Play services acts funny at times with some particularly apps. Thank you.
    Changing it to a BAR file isn't going to help though. BAR is just a wrapper, it's still going to require whatever Google Services it expects. You would be better served by installing this, if your issue is Android apps.

http://forums.crackberry.com/android...ctions-985344/
    03-02-16 01:11 PM
    Sachesi is the go-to app these days. No need for development mode.

But what bar file are you trying to sideload?

Directly installing an Android app is always better than running it through an old converter and sideloading.

You may need to try different versions to see what works. Try apkmirror. The latest versions, even patched, do not seem to work.
    Last edited by conite; 03-02-16 at 04:44 PM.
    03-02-16 01:21 PM
    Thanks for the suggestion. I've tried Snap a few minutes ago. I've downloaded, installed, logged in through my provider, Time Warner, the app displays the current shows airing, etc. I select a show and get a message 'Event can not be found'.
    03-02-16 01:24 PM
    As previously suggested, if the Google play services are essential you need to use the Cobalt work around. SNAP unfortunately will not enable that requirement.
    See Bla1ze post above.

There are some apps however which you will never be able to run because the BlackBerry android runtime is not compatible with them. That being noted make sure you are updated to latest OS.

Posted via CB10
    03-02-16 04:42 PM