Supposing I mistakenly deleted all my data, apps during a device switch. Is there any where in Blackberry cloud that files are automatically saved?
    08-05-16 08:25 AM
    No BlackBerry does not...

If you own a PRIV or DTEK50... your in luck as Google does have a Cloud that backs up everything.

For BBOS and BB10 devcies... you should have been using LINK or BlackBerry Manager. Now BBOS devices did backup some contact data... but not apps or documents.

You have learned a lesson... you need to always consider WHAT IF?
    08-05-16 08:39 AM
    Sad for the OP. But I would he appalled if BlackBerry saved my data in the cloud.

Ride or die: 
    08-05-16 08:59 AM
    Don't worry NSA has a big cloud services and you don't need to pay either

Posted via Priv
    08-05-16 09:34 AM
    BlackBerry has WatchDox. It is a highly secure cloud storage service. $15/month.

http://ca.blackberry.com/enterprise/.../watchdox.html
    08-05-16 09:40 AM
    Don't worry NSA has a big cloud services and you don't need to pay either

Posted via Priv
    No doubt, and I find that appalling, too!
    08-05-16 09:55 AM
    BlackBerry has WatchDox. It is a highly secure cloud storage service. $15/month.

Enterprise File Sync and Share - WatchDox by BlackBerry - Canada
    Indeed. And I would use it but I have more than 1TB in cloud storage (work related) and I ditched our email server (which, I think, would be required for a great feature of watchdox: DRM on attachments).
    08-05-16 09:58 AM
    Indeed. And I would use it but I have more than 1TB in cloud storage (work related) and I ditched our email server (which, I think, would be required for a great feature of watchdox: DRM on attachments).
    You should talk to them. It sounds like the product can be flexible.
    08-05-16 10:10 AM

Enterprise File Sync and Share - WatchDox by BlackBerry - Canada
    But does it include any backup features for BB10 devices?

Would be smart of BlackBerry could change the way Google backs up most all data to Google Drive. It make it great for someone if the damage or lose their phone. The restore process is almost seamless....

But the point is the OP is just out of luck at this point.
    08-05-16 10:12 AM
    But does it include any backup features for BB10 devices?

Would be smart of BlackBerry could change the way Google backs up most all data to Google Drive. It make it great for someone if the damage or lose their phone. The restore process is almost seamless....

But the point is the OP is just out of luck at this point.
    One could use Ultimate Backup to automatically make periodic updates to the SD card, and then sync that folder to WatchDox.
    Dunt Dunt Dunt likes this.
    08-05-16 10:18 AM
    One could use Ultimate Backup to automatically make periodic updates to the SD card, and then sync that folder to WatchDox.
    But Ultimate Backup, isn't really Ultimate is it.... you would still lose setting and app data.

I used Backup Pro and saved data to my documents which was backed up to OneDrive... and Back Pro allows you to save the backup in an encrypted format. But again it only saves some of your data... not enough to do a full restore of your phone or your apps. But most of the important stuff is there.

For BB10, users really are stuck using a PC in order to achieve a full backup. But many around the world don't have daily access to a personal PC, making BB10's backup impossible.

As for WatchDox.... is $15 a month per user for 1TB of shared storage isn't too bad for someone looking for that level of security. But the 10 user minim kinda throws it out of the realm of being practical Cloud solution for most consumers. Unless I'm reading the terms and conditions wrong... that's a minimum of $1,800 a year.
    08-05-16 10:40 AM
    Yup. But that's the only data I would want backed up anyway. Link does a miserable job restoring settings and accounts. But I digress.

I really haven't looked at WatchDox much, so I don't know much about the pricing structure or the exact offerings available. I was just posting here to say that BlackBerry did indeed have something.
    08-05-16 10:53 AM
    Thanks for posting. I saw WatchDox on my Priv but I didn't investigate it until you posted. Thanks again.

08-05-16 11:22 AM
    Thanks for posting. I saw WatchDox on my Priv but I didn't investigate it until you posted. Thanks again.

If your interested... let us know what the cost really are.

Maybe the have plans for individuals, or at least for PRIV owners.
    08-05-16 11:44 AM
    the OP was not necessarily talking about high enterprise grade security. If that is the case, then Ultimate Backup will backup to OneDrive, Box, or DropBox without the need for a subscription depending on the amount of data in question.
    08-05-16 04:47 PM
    Because of this thread, I checked Google's policies on Google Apps for work accounts, which includes business education, and government accounts. Google encrypts data in transit and at rest, and does not mine it (or any other Google Apps for work connected apps, including Gmail) for any purpose.

Well, that's what they say anyway.

08-05-16 09:14 PM
    Sad for the OP. But I would he appalled if BlackBerry saved my data in the cloud.

Well they do have the infrastructure for it. How are your BBM contacts automatically transferred from one device to another? Of course some of your data is being stored on a "cloud", the question is, what exactly and if it's user accessible. All data has to be stored somehow, it's only when it's stored with a bad method or with terrible foresight that it becomes an actual issue.
    08-08-16 09:05 PM