I have a defender case for my classic. If you have one please help. You see how this defender case is designed differently. The plastic border actually rests on the plastic edge of the phone. Otter actually put two plastic pieces on top of one another, then the rubber goes on top. BUT, with the two plastic pieces rubbing on each other (ever so slightly) friction occurs, and it results in a scuff. I just took my case off for the first time, and noticed it. It is slight, but it is still damage. Do you have the same problem?
    04-11-15 11:24 PM
    I have the same problem + I dropped my Classic 3' onto a wood floor in the otter box and the speaker grill bent. Probably my Last otter box

Posted via CB10
    zbblover likes this.
    04-12-15 12:55 AM
    No kidding! I don't understand why they would rest the plastic frame of the Otter on the phone itself. I have gone through at least 8 Otterbox cases for different phones, and I have to say, Otter does not put as much attention to detail in their BB cases compared to the iPhones/Android. Ridiculous. I am contacting them right now. My goal was to keep this phone in MINT condition, now these scuffs have me so upset, because the case that was suppose to protect the phone, damaged it..
    04-12-15 06:39 PM
    Absolutely the worst Otterbox case ever made!
    I have had an Otterbox on every BlackBerry that I've owned and I must agree that this Defender that they made for the Classic is the worst model that they have made. I had the Defender on for about a day or two before I noticed that the sides felt loose and creeky when held and upon removing it thinking that perhaps I hadn't properly put it on I noticed how cheeply it was constructed.
    I quickly returned it and purchased a leather case.

Posted via CB10
    zbblover likes this.
    04-12-15 10:04 PM
    This is really disappointing to read, many people need to protect their phones from rough physical handling (Police, Fire, EMTS, Contractors) and the Classic is an excellent device for these sorts of people. Hopefully their is another solution other than an Otter box case for these people.

Storm 2 > Bold 9900 > Classic
    zbblover likes this.
    04-12-15 10:23 PM
    Took OB off today for first time since I brought my Classic. I don't see any scuffs or scratches - and I've dropped it a few times.

Posted via CB10
    zbblover likes this.
    04-12-15 10:29 PM
    Yes! At first my OB was firm. But after a while it was creaking! I thought it was not anything to think about. Now that I think about it, I think the plastic expanded/warped and in turn the plastic border was shifting and resulted in leaving an imprint/scuff. Smart move returning it, I emailed OB about this, I am actually really devastated. Once the OB is off, you can notice the scuffs, ruins the physical appearance of the phone. Another thing, the damage to my phone would have been impossible for myself to cause. Because 1, it is always in the case/a case. If I had done it, the phone would have had to been dragged from the edge without a case. smh. Every case, has a lip that protects the phone from this. Except the OB.
    04-12-15 11:30 PM
    Took OB off today for first time since I brought my Classic. I don't see any scuffs or scratches - and I've dropped it a few times.

Posted via CB10
    Is your case squeaking? Be careful, the marks occur on this design with the plastic resting on the bottom edge.
    04-12-15 11:31 PM
    Absolutely the worst Otterbox case ever made!
    I have had an Otterbox on every BlackBerry that I've owned and I must agree that this Defender that they made for the Classic is the worst model that they have made. I had the Defender on for about a day or two before I noticed that the sides felt loose and creeky when held and upon removing it thinking that perhaps I hadn't properly put it on I noticed how cheeply it was constructed.
    I quickly returned it and purchased a leather case.

Posted via CB10
    Also, the z10 OB case was horrible! I had to warranty it. Firstly, I don't understand why they don't make commuter cases for these new BB. But the z10 case I had, the rubber eventually expanded from the frame. The quality and attention to detail with OB BB cases VS. Android/IOS is lacking.
    donemt likes this.
    04-12-15 11:42 PM
    I have the same problem + I dropped my Classic 3' onto a wood floor in the otter box and the speaker grill bent. Probably my Last otter box

Posted via CB10
    I honestly don't know any other case that is comparable to (what use to be) really good protection like otter. Any suggestions?
    04-12-15 11:43 PM
    Yeah good point, lots of case companies don't care about BB...so sad.
    And check this video out:

This guy had the same problem with his 9900! OB used the same case design, resulting in the same problem! I really hope OB gets back to me soon.
    04-12-15 11:44 PM
    Have you guys checked the seidio cases? They make a great case for BlackBerry Classic

Posted via CB10
    donemt and zbblover like this.
    04-13-15 11:33 AM
    Hey I will have a look. What I decided to do for the time being. I ordered the BB leather sleeve, and the soft shell. I am just using those for now.
    04-13-15 10:13 PM
    sell me your otterbox if you don't want it.

Posted via CB10
    05-21-15 07:53 PM