Posted via CB10
    02-02-16 12:10 PM
    Do you have a link for the video? I've never seen it but I thought I read that it is a fake.
    02-02-16 12:36 PM
    I know what you're talking about.

That's an internal prototype. You can't put Android on a regular plebeian Passport. Priv or bust.

I'm speculating, but I think BlackBerry made some of those prototypes to prepare for the actual release of their first Android phone, the Priv. Hence, they won't see the light of day.
    02-02-16 12:38 PM
    Hmmm my two cents..BlackBerry is scheduled to relaxes tow more patches and both are security related. By end of 2016, maybe all passport and bb10 devices can run crappy android! Speculation but can be done! There is always something one can do. If an android device can be rooted, why can't BlackBerry tamper with their own OS? Food for thought?

Posted via CB10
    02-02-16 12:43 PM
    Hmmm my two cents..BlackBerry is scheduled to relaxes tow more patches and both are security related. By end of 2016, maybe all passport and bb10 devices can run crappy android! Speculation but can be done! There is always something one can do. If an android device can be rooted, why can't BlackBerry tamper with their own OS? Food for thought?

Posted via CB10
    To be read *release two* more....

Posted via CB10
    02-02-16 12:44 PM
    Do you have a link for the video? I've never seen it but I thought I read that it is a fake.
    http://m.crackberry.com/blackberry-p...unning-android
    02-02-16 12:46 PM

Posted via CB10
    Incidentally, BlackBerry thinks rooting is icky: http://m.crackberry.com/blackberry-h...gainst-rooting
    02-02-16 12:48 PM
    Wow, that is an annoying video. He spends most of the time showing the back of the phone.
    02-02-16 12:49 PM

(start at 31 seconds, if the video doesn't automatically, as it should.)
    02-02-16 12:51 PM
    Incidentally, BlackBerry thinks rooting is icky: http://m.crackberry.com/blackberry-h...gainst-rooting
    Say what they can. But I have strong feeling they will allow dual OS on all bb10 devices in couple of years. No doubt about it.

Posted via CB10
    02-02-16 12:52 PM
    Say what they can. But I have strong feeling they will allow dual OS on all bb10 devices in couple of years. No doubt about it.

Posted via CB10
    Not if Google's lawyers have anything to say about it.
    02-02-16 12:55 PM
    BlackBerry is cash rich..couple of million dollars..who cares! Everyone is happy..aint the way world works these days?

Posted via CB10
    02-02-16 12:58 PM

Posted via CB10
    Anything is possible.... just can't think of an benefit for BlackBerry to spend time or resources to allow such a thing. And lots of reasons that they wouldn't.
    02-02-16 12:59 PM
    Anything is possible.... just can't think of an benefit for BlackBerry to spend time or resources to allow such a thing. And lots of reasons that they wouldn't.
    Really? Why not spend time doing it for bb10 in that case? Why the downsizing? Android??? Well well!!

Posted via CB10
    02-02-16 01:03 PM
    There is nothing that blackberry can offer google that would benefit google to point that it will allow blackberry to produce a dual os phone. It is time for people on crackberry to start living in the real word and accept the following:

No dual boot phones (android/BB10)
    No software upgrade of current BB10 devices to android
    No new bb10 phones in 2016

Posted via CB10
    02-02-16 01:52 PM