I'd suggest checking SMBv1 first as I mentioned above....again assuming that you are just using Blend? That was in your original post but it sounds like you are actually using Blackberry Link to sync contacts/calendar and that is the problem.

Sorry DSturke; just wanting to clarify the issue here before you have to go through a massive reload of everything. Also, as a side note, I doubt that reinstalling BB10 on your phone will help this problem, so I'd hold off on that for now.
    No apologies! I am learning a whole lot from you! I am using Blend and Link. The Blend works just fine, it is the Link that is not syncing (first) my calendar and now my contacts.

I am not sure I understand the SMBv1 reference. I looked up the term but I am not sure I know how that ties in to my situation.
    09-17-19 06:42 PM
    I'd try just the Link/Blend reinstall first and see if things work again..
    Good good place to start!
    09-17-19 06:44 PM
    Worth looking into.

I would think that in Win 7 that shouldn't be an issue since MS isn't updating it anymore to make the change they made to Windows 10. Also, from looking around, enabling or disabling SMB1 requires running the Powershell. It's not in the same place it is in Win10.
    It's been my experience that MS is actually disabling SMBv1 in Windows 7 with recent updates, but you are correct in that it is not in the same place as in Windows 10. (However, it does not require Powershell to enable or disable.)
    09-17-19 06:57 PM
    No apologies! I am learning a whole lot from you! I am using Blend and Link. The Blend works just fine, it is the Link that is not syncing (first) my calendar and now my contacts.

I am not sure I understand the SMBv1 reference. I looked up the term but I am not sure I know how that ties in to my situation.
    Ahh, got it! Let's see how the reinstall goes; if you're still having trouble let me know and we'll get it worked out.

SMBv1 stands for Server Message Block version 1 protocol, as you probably determined when you looked it up. This is the standard networking protocol used by Microsoft devices to share files over a network. There are more recent versions (SMBv2 and SMBv3) which are usually recommended these days due to ransomware threats from SMBv1. Microsoft has disabled SMBv1 automatically in more recent versions of Windows 10 (and in Windows 7 via update), but since Blackberry Link and Blend were released a few years ago it requires SMBv1 to use.

SMBv1 thus needs to be re-enabled in order to keep using that software. Security is often cited as a reason not to do this; however, given that the threats are those which cannot be protected against anyway without good backups, there is no security issue if one maintains those.
    09-17-19 06:59 PM
    It's been my experience that MS is actually disabling SMBv1 in Windows 7 with recent updates, but you are correct in that it is not in the same place as in Windows 10. (However, it does not require Powershell to enable or disable.)
    Ah, I see there was an update from MS in Jan of this year that did affect SMB1. As for other ways to re-enable it, is directly editing the registry one of them? All I've seen is the PowerShell method, but it looks like it's just adding/editing a registry entry.
    09-17-19 08:41 PM
    Ah, I see there was an update from MS in Jan of this year that did affect SMB1. As for other ways to re-enable it, is directly editing the registry one of them? All I've seen is the PowerShell method, but it looks like it's just adding/editing a registry entry.
    Primarily registry edits yes. PowerShell can script those, but it's easier to just use a .reg file.
    09-17-19 08:52 PM
    Just don't leave it open for a minute longer than you need it.
    09-17-19 08:53 PM
    Did he ever say what version of Outlook he is using?

LINK doesn't work with just Windows 7 to sync contacts and calendar - it needs a full version of MS Office.
    10-16-19 07:27 AM
33 12