For a few years I have been syncing my OUtlook contacts and calendar between my Win7 and Blackberry Classic. A few months ago, the calendar function stopped syncing, and more recently the contacts function started running very slow, often duplicating contacts in on both ends of the sync. Now the contacts won't sync at all.

Should I reinstall Blackberry Blend? OR are there other solutions I need to look at?
    09-16-19 06:58 AM
    For a few years I have been syncing my OUtlook contacts and calendar between my Win7 and Blackberry Classic. A few months ago, the calendar function stopped syncing, and more recently the contacts function started running very slow, often duplicating contacts in on both ends of the sync. Now the contacts won't sync at all.

Should I reinstall Blackberry Blend? OR are there other solutions I need to look at?
    Move your service over to outlook.com. Then you can sync your contacts over all of your devices via the cloud.
    harvland and rarsen like this.
    09-16-19 08:18 AM
    Thanks, Conite for your response.

I prefer to fix my existing issues and get back up and running as my current set up. Once fixed, I will consider other alternatives.

Should I look at reinstalling BlackBerry Blend?
    09-16-19 09:30 AM
    Thanks, Conite for your response.

I prefer to fix my existing issues and get back up and running as my current set up. Once fixed, I will consider other alternatives.

Should I look at reinstalling BlackBerry Blend?
    You can certainly install BlackBerry Link. It should work just fine on Windows 7.
    rarsen likes this.
    09-16-19 09:54 AM
    Conite, again, I appreciate your response, but do have to ask: Did you read my original post?

I have installed and have been using Blend on my Classic to my WIn 7 machine for probably 4 -5 years now.

It worked and it is not working now. SHould I reinstall? Are there other trouble shooting angles I should pursue?

All I get is an error message that says "Sync was unsuccessful" and no further information as to why and how to fix.

THanks again. I hope to be using this forum a bit. Long time BlackBerry user, and I don't have any desire to go to the dark side of Apple!
    09-16-19 10:19 AM
    Are you have issues with Blend or Link? And reinstalling would be something to try first.
    09-16-19 10:36 AM
    Blend and Link are part of the same package. The syncing with Desktop Outlook is actually done through Link. Blend, as a separate program, only mirrors your phone's contacts, calendar and Hub into a desktop interface. Blend, in and of itself, doesn't sync anything.

What Conite is suggesting is that you can try reinstalling the whole thing - including the drivers, just in case some registry entry got messed up.
    rarsen likes this.
    09-16-19 10:41 AM
    Conite, again, I appreciate your response, but do have to ask: Did you read my original post?

I have installed and have been using Blend on my Classic to my WIn 7 machine for probably 4 -5 years now.

It worked and it is not working now. SHould I reinstall? Are there other trouble shooting angles I should pursue?

All I get is an error message that says "Sync was unsuccessful" and no further information as to why and how to fix.

THanks again. I hope to be using this forum a bit. Long time BlackBerry user, and I don't have any desire to go to the dark side of Apple!
    I'd uninstall all things BlackBerry - should be LINK, BLEND, Drivers. Then use registry editor to search for "BlackBerry" instances and delete those.

Reboot.

Download the latest Blend package - it should include LINK, Blend, Drivers and install.

I assume you haven't updated to a newer version of Office - 2016 onward doesn't work with LINK.
    DSturke likes this.
    09-16-19 10:49 AM
    Thanks all for your responses. I will start with the re-installation. Obviously something, somewhere is corrupted.

Roughly on an annual basis I take my desktop in for a "tune - up" -- clean install, recommendations, updates on public domain applications, etc.

Is there something comparable I should be doing with my BlackBerry. If so, where do I go to learn more about this?
    09-16-19 10:07 PM
    Thanks all for your responses. I will start with the re-installation. Obviously something, somewhere is corrupted.

Roughly on an annual basis I take my desktop in for a "tune - up" -- clean install, recommendations, updates on public domain applications, etc.

Is there something comparable I should be doing with my BlackBerry. If so, where do I go to learn more about this?
    As BB10 approaches EOL status on Dec 31st of this year, you may wish to consider moving on.

In the meantime, you can always run an autoloader for a fresh install of your OS. As everything will be wiped in the process, you will have to make sure you sync everything to the cloud first.

Link backups are unreliable, which is why I don't recommend them. Even if it works, it usually reinstalls the corruption that you tried to get rid of in the first place. You may want to consider buying Ultimate Backup if you are shackled by Luddite opinions regarding the cloud.
    09-16-19 10:23 PM
    Thanks for the reply.

I guess I should follow the world of Blackberry a bit closer, as I was unaware of the BB10 going bye bye. Is this like Microsoft dropping WinXL? It would still be operating but not supported?

When you say "moving on", can a new OS be installed on the existing Classic or are we talking about a whole new phone? If so, how do I establish the purchasing criteria for something that would be the "next step" for my Classic.

I think I have indeed run a fresh install in the past. Yup, all things wiped out and needed to be re-loaded. As the phone is essentially an adjunct to my desktop, I would just sync from said desktop. That's where the heart of operations lie.

Is there a place I can find information on doing the fresh install?

Not sure your remark about "shackled by Luddite opinions" so you might want to explain this comment.
    09-16-19 11:06 PM
    Thanks for the reply.

I guess I should follow the world of Blackberry a bit closer, as I was unaware of the BB10 going bye bye. Is this like Microsoft dropping WinXL? It would still be operating but not supported?

When you say "moving on", can a new OS be installed on the existing Classic or are we talking about a whole new phone? If so, how do I establish the purchasing criteria for something that would be the "next step" for my Classic.

I think I have indeed run a fresh install in the past. Yup, all things wiped out and needed to be re-loaded. As the phone is essentially an adjunct to my desktop, I would just sync from said desktop. That's where the heart of operations lie.

Not sure your remark about "shackled by Luddite opinions" so you might want to explain this comment.
    You could always consider a KEY² LE. But beyond that you'd be looking at something without a BlackBerry logo.

Here is the latest autoloader for your device:

https://mega.nz/#!tVgyjDYS!ojnru-l0A...CIkAU1dIybpHK0

Download to PC, unzip, plug in your device, and run it. That's it.
    09-16-19 11:42 PM
    Thanks again. I will look into the KEY2 LE.

However, I am not sure what the "autoloader" link is, and how it applies to my need to sync my desktop with my Blackberry. Have I missed something here?
    09-17-19 06:09 AM
    Thanks again. I will look into the KEY2 LE.

However, I am not sure what the "autoloader" link is, and how it applies to my need to sync my desktop with my Blackberry. Have I missed something here?
    Autoloader is for reloading the OS on the phone... with BB10 a fresh install can greatly improve performance.... like reinstalling Windows on your PC.

But it wipes everything, so you'll want to have everything backed up.
    09-17-19 07:06 AM
    Thanks for the reply.

Hey DSturke,

Please do not be concerned about these comments. Blackberry 10 will be around for quite some time to come and is supported by Blackberry Limited well into 2020, as they themselves have confirmed.

Also, Blend works perfectly well on Windows 10 so we can definitely get it going for you again.

No need to "move on" unless you yourself want to--your Classic will keep going strong for some time!
    bb9900user2018 likes this.
    09-17-19 04:03 PM
    Think we've already established that Blend and Link should be working fine on Win 7 - as the OP noted is the PC's OS.

That's why there was the suggestion of reloading the OS.

Also, we haven't heard back on the Office version as Dunt X3 noted.
    09-17-19 04:30 PM
    Autoloader is for reloading the OS on the phone... with BB10 a fresh install can greatly improve performance.... like reinstalling Windows on your PC.

But it wipes everything, so you'll want to have everything backed up.
    Thanks. As I noted above, I periodically do "clean install" of the Windows machine, and I can see how reinstalling the BB-OS would be similar. As the BB is not the main business tool, but takes what I do in my office on the road, I have no worries about a full wipe and starting over. Especially if it means I can indeed sync up the two platforms!

The autoloader link I was given sent me somewhere that had nothing to do with my current issues. Any idea where I can find the right system reload? Somewhere in BlackBerry's official site?
    09-17-19 05:48 PM
    Hey DSturke,

Please do not be concerned about these comments. Blackberry 10 will be around for quite some time to come and is supported by Blackberry Limited well into 2020, as they themselves have confirmed.

Also, Blend works perfectly well on Windows 10 so we can definitely get it going for you again.

No need to "move on" unless you yourself want to--your Classic will keep going strong for some time!
    Good to know that the OS will be around. I like the system and I am very used to it, even thought my friends too often say "I didn't know that BlackBerry was still making phones"

Even though I registered with this forum years ago, I haven't kept up with all things BlackBerry, so I appreciate the good input on this forum!

Eventually I will have to "move on", but not right now!
    09-17-19 05:52 PM
    Thanks. As I noted above, I periodically do "clean install" of the Windows machine, and I can see how reinstalling the BB-OS would be similar. As the BB is not the main business tool, but takes what I do in my office on the road, I have no worries about a full wipe and starting over. Especially if it means I can indeed sync up the two platforms!

The autoloader link I was given sent me somewhere that had nothing to do with my current issues. Any idea where I can find the right system reload? Somewhere in BlackBerry's official site?
    Hey DSturke,

Here's a link to the latest autoloader for your Classic:

https://mega.nz/#!s9hGBACZ!rI_BxhXIL...eeBqF5DyH8cb6U

I'd avoid Blackberry's official downloads as they are for the Developer preview devices. However, if you need anything BB10-related just let me know and I'll take care of you.

Be aware that if you use this autoloader it will COMPLETELY WIPE your device, so you'll want to back it up beforehand. That can be done using Link, Sachesi, or Darcy's Blackberry Tools or on device using Ultimate Backup--whichever you'd prefer.

However, as a side note, is your only problem that you can't open Blend on your Win 7 device? If so, have you tried re-enabling SMBv1? Let me know if you need a how-to for that; happy to help.

Blend and Link are working perfectly on not only Windows 7 but also Windows 10, so everything who wants to use these platforms should have no trouble for some time to come.
    09-17-19 05:53 PM

Also, we haven't heard back on the Office version as Dunt X3 noted.
    Not exactly sure where this ties in, but but my version of Win7 is the Office version.
    09-17-19 05:54 PM
    So ultimately, I need to rid my Desktop of anything BlackBerry and reinstall Link/Blend in the latest version. Then do a reinstall of my phone's OS 10.

That about sums it up, right?
    09-17-19 05:55 PM
    Not exactly sure where this ties in, but but my version of Win7 is the Office version.
    Actually, it's the version of Outlook we are asking about. The full desktop Outlook usually comes with MS Office, but it can be purchased alone. Unless you are actually using Outlook Express - possible on Win 7.

Link can not sync with Outlook 2016 or newer.
    09-17-19 06:04 PM
    So ultimately, I need to rid my Desktop of anything BlackBerry and reinstall Link/Blend in the latest version. Then do a reinstall of my phone's OS 10.

I'd suggest checking SMBv1 first as I mentioned above....again assuming that you are just using Blend? That was in your original post but it sounds like you are actually using Blackberry Link to sync contacts/calendar and that is the problem.

Sorry DSturke; just wanting to clarify the issue here before you have to go through a massive reload of everything. Also, as a side note, I doubt that reinstalling BB10 on your phone will help this problem, so I'd hold off on that for now.
    09-17-19 06:07 PM

I'd try just the Link/Blend reinstall first and see if things work again.

Even deleting the programs, reboot, reinstall, reboot again (just to be sure all services are properly initialized)... is faster than reloading the phone OS and re-setting all that back up. But, reloading the phone OS eventually would be suggested anyway.
    09-17-19 06:09 PM
    I'd suggest checking SMBv1 first as I mentioned above...
    Worth looking into.

I would think that in Win 7 that shouldn't be an issue since MS isn't updating it anymore to make the change they made to Windows 10. Also, from looking around, enabling or disabling SMB1 requires running the Powershell. It's not in the same place it is in Win10.
    09-17-19 06:28 PM
33 12