Dear crackberrians, Merry Christmas! Hope everyone has had a great time... I've got a question... I would like to use an app (tasker or similar) to automate this action... I want the display to turn on for a few seconds when I receive a notification, but only if I am connected to my car Bluetooth, in any other situation I want the display to stay off... I have been reading tutorials for tasker and haven't found the right setup... thanks!
    12-26-16 05:51 PM
    Nevermind, I figured it out already, thanks
    12-27-16 12:28 PM
    Nevermind, I figured it out already, thanks
    Care to outline the steps you've taken? Will certainly be helpful for some.

Posted via CB10
    12-28-16 03:04 AM
    sure... basically, i created two profiles: one is triggered by the connection to my car's bluetooth... the other, triggered by the arrival of a notification and turns the display on when this happens... profile one shoots a task called driver mode, which is a job in progress and i plan to do many things related to be in the car: launch maps, launch media player, read text messages, and of course, toggle on the profile two so that way i only turn the display on with the arrival of a notification in the car... then you have exit task once the car's bluetooth is turned off, driver mode off, where i reverse what i did in driver mode on... however, it's not working as i wanted, to be able to actually see the toast notification the screen has to be on before the arrival of it, if it is off, then with the arrival of the notification the screen will turn on but i cannot see the incoming toast message...
    Lusitano17 likes this.
    12-29-16 01:11 PM