Hello everyone,

I have one more question to my new BB Classic:
    in the upper right corner of display I see the BB icon (between 4G and Signalstrength icons). In whole manual I found just one sentence, that this icon indicates, that I'm connected to the BB Infrastructure. How/Is it possible to disconnect from it?
    Thank you for your help/answer in advance.
    04-08-21 06:34 AM
    Hello everyone,

I have one more question to my new BB Classic:
    in the upper right corner of display I see the BB icon (between 4G and Signalstrength icons). In whole manual I found just one sentence, that this icon indicates, that I'm connected to the BB Infrastructure. How/Is it possible to disconnect from it?
    Thank you for your help/answer in advance.
    When BlackBerry shuts it off next year, you'll be disconnected.... But BB10 was made to connect to home - needs it for BBID, BBW, BBM, BB Protect, Activation.
    04-08-21 08:47 AM
    If you want to keep using it as a dumb/feature phone after the servers are shut down, you might be able to do so if you disable BlackBerry Protect and then wipe/re-install the OS. After the wipe/re-install do not sign in to any BlackBerry services. You will need to do this before the server shutdown. I don't think anyone is absolutely certain that this will work, but it might.

I think I have the instructions correct. If I don't someone can add to or fix them.
    04-08-21 08:53 AM
    If you want to keep using it as a dumb/feature phone after the servers are shut down, you might be able to do so if you disable BlackBerry Protect and then wipe/re-install the OS. After the wipe/re-install do not sign in to any BlackBerry services. You will need to do this before the server shutdown. I don't think anyone is absolutely certain that this will work, but it might.

I think I have the instructions correct. If I don't someone can add to or fix them.
    I think he "wants" to be disconnected.... now.

But maybe not aware of how much he'd have to give up. Either way I think the phone is going to keep trying to connect, even if setup as you suggested. Reality is Apple phones call home, Android phones call home and BlackBerry phones call home.

It's when no one is at home that things might become and issue... as you said, we are only guessing right now. For that matter BlackBerry is just as likely to keep the lights on (unless this server is in a closet of one of the buildings then are talking about moving out of).
    Shuswap likes this.
    04-08-21 10:07 AM
    I think he "wants" to be disconnected.... now.

But maybe not aware of how much he'd have to give up. Either way I think the phone is going to keep trying to connect, even if setup as you suggested. Reality is Apple phones call home, Android phones call home and BlackBerry phones call home.

It's when no one is at home that things might become and issue... as you said, we are only guessing right now. For that matter BlackBerry is just as likely to keep the lights on (unless this server is in a closet of one of the buildings then are talking about moving out of).
    I totally missed the point of this thread! Mea culpa
    04-08-21 06:46 PM