07-26-17 01:59 AM
33 12
tools
    If a a phone sold to you has a PIN block, it is stolen. Unless the seller specifically said this phone is good with PIN BLOCKED and you still bought it then it is on you.

Otherwise the seller sold you a phone that will not work.
    04-12-17 09:27 AM

Anyway, in the meantime I wrote to help@blackberry.com and btsbetasupport@rim.com because people have reported that it helped.
    Let us know how long it takes them to reply (if they reply), and what they say...... as that might help others.
    04-12-17 10:06 AM
    People in Eastern Europe are reporting that Blackberry automatically blocks devices that are registering on a network outside of Blackberry services (Belarus in most cases I read about on internet).

Could it be my case? I bought it in the UK, but only switched it on for the first time in Moldova, because here is where I plan on using it with a local sim card for a work assignment.

Anyway, in the meantime I wrote to help@blackberry.com and btsbetasupport@rim.com because people have reported that it helped.

If there is no reply by 16 April, I will escalate with Ebay as a last resort. At this point I need the phone working more that the refund.

Thank you all for advising and helping me with this issue.
    It is truly baffling why you have not already escalated it yet with eBay. You came to CrackBerry for advice, EVERYONE is telling you it is a stolen device, one that does not work as described by seller, and you are still reluctant and letting this scum seller enjoy a vacation with YOUR money.

Good luck.

Posted with my  Classic
    04-12-17 10:17 AM
    At this point I need the phone working more that the refund.
    Unfortunately, the OP believes that the phone will have the pin unblocked.

That will not happen. Trust us.
    04-12-17 03:15 PM
    Let us know how long it takes them to reply (if they reply), and what they say...... as that might help others.
    the most helpful where people on twitter, as it was recommended in this thread. They have checked the phone IMEI and it is registered as reported stolen! Having this information at hand, I escalated the case to Ebay, quoted Blackberry help regarding the phone IMEI, and they replied in 15 minutes, approving the refund. The phone will be shipped back today.

Thank you all for support and help!

Blackberry help on twitter was very prompt and helpful with their replies!
    04-19-17 12:00 AM
    Posted via CB10 on Z10
    07-26-17 12:19 AM
    3gn.

Posted via CB10 on Z10
    07-26-17 12:19 AM
    Pin block=stolen device! The original sim from the service provider needs to be installed in-order for them to unblock. The device is blacklisted. Awesome you got TCL to back and confirm it was stolen! Glad you got yer $$ back!
    07-26-17 01:59 AM
33 12