Just received my Blackberry Leap purchased from Ebay.

As soon as connect to internet, I receive the Device Pin Blocked - unable to connect to Blackberry services bla-bla message.

I have contacted the seller - no response in over a week, so I am considering that I am on my own this time.

I have contacted BB though contact us on their website, they promised to reply in 24hrs, but 4 days have passed and no reply from them either.

Is there anything that can be done to get BB to reply to my request and unlock the device? I have sent them print screen from PayPal and Ebay re the purchase through their upload a file service on their website too.

What are my options here please?

Edit: first off, how do I add information to this topic after I receive a reply or a clarification from the members?
    The seller have replied finally (after I started a case with Ebay) saying he will be able to look into it after 18 of April - this is not good at all, as I need the phone as a local phone while on a trip abroad to avoid roaming charges (planned to use it with a local sim card).

What is strange to me is the fact that BB did not react in anyway, even though I provided the IMEI and everything. If the phone is stolen, I think I should be informed about this so that I go to police with it, if it is not, then they should also clarify this so that I can use it.

Last time I owned a BlackBerry, their customer support was much better
    Last edited by a.petrov; 04-10-17 at 03:17 AM.
    04-10-17 02:46 AM

As soon as connect to internet, I receive the Device Pin Blocked - unable to connect to Blackberry services bla-bla message.

I have contacted the seller - no response in over a week, so I am considering that I am on my own this time.

I have contacted BB though contact us on their website, they promised to reply in 24hrs, but 4 days have passed and no reply from them either.

Is there anything that can be done to get BB to reply to my request and unlock the device? I have sent them print screen from PayPal and Ebay re the purchase through their upload a file service on their website too.

I am not sure of your options here. Blackberry is very strict with its pin numbers. The fact that you are getting a "pin blocked" there is a good chance the phone is blacklisted.

The fact also, that the seller won't return your calls, is also not a good sign.
    a.petrov likes this.
    04-10-17 03:03 AM
    ok, no I can see quick reply box here
    04-10-17 03:17 AM

Edit: first off, how do I add information to this topic after I receive a reply or a clarification from the members?
    The seller have replied finally (after I started a case with Ebay) saying he will be able to look into it after 18 of April - this is not good at all, as I need the phone as a local phone while on a trip abroad to avoid roaming charges (planned to use it with a local sim card).

What is strange to me is the fact that BB did not react in anyway, even though I provided the IMEI and everything. If the phone is stolen, I think I should be informed about this so that I go to police with it, if it is not, then they should also clarify this so that I can use it.

Last time I owned a BlackBerry, their customer support was much better
    You will need to have Ebay get your money refunded to you. Don't expect that phone to ever work now that the pin is blocked.

There are shady deals on Ebay, so please be careful. It would be better buying an unlocked phone from a reputable store, such as Best Buy.
    a.petrov and Laura Knotek like this.
    04-10-17 10:48 AM
    Hopefully you paid via paypal and its totally covered.

Blackberry Passport and Blue Classic
    a.petrov likes this.
    04-10-17 10:53 AM
    It's not BlackBerry's issue.... they aren't going to reply to everyone that has an issue with a device that isn't under warranty. They have set warrary processes, and those don't cover any products sold by individuals or none approved distributors. And especially not a used items.

I would NOT wait on the owner and his promise of looking into it on the 18th. Look into whatever options you have right now to get a return... if any, depending on how you paid for the item.
    a.petrov and Laura Knotek like this.
    04-10-17 10:55 AM
    Contact ebay for a refund. The item was not as described. They can force the seller to pay you back even if they won't respond.

Posted via CB10
    a.petrov likes this.
    04-10-17 11:21 AM
    YOUR OPTIONS:

First: Get rid of that phone and most importantly Try To Get Your Money Back. Since you already filed a case, you are going in the right direction. Tell them (eBay) that they (vendor) are selling "stolen" phones and you are a victim. Like someone previously said, if you used paypal, file a case with paypal too for refund.

Second: Best way to contact BlackBerry is to use Twitter. They are somewhat hyper active there. You can ask them about your device and once they confirm it is a stolen piece and hence blacklisted, you can submit it as proof to eBay and Paypal. If you do not receive a reply within 30 minutes, post another tweet and keep doing it until they respond. [Additionally, may be if you talk nicely to BB people and show them your purchase receipt, they will unflag it for you taking an exception. It is unlikely but not totally impossible.]
    pkcable, Laura Knotek and a.petrov like this.
    04-10-17 11:36 AM
    Thank you all who replied.

I have paid Papypal, but on their website it says to open a dispute via Ebay, which I did.

In our Ebay dispute, the seller is asking to wait until 18 April for him to return from a holiday, which I am very reluctant to do since I need a working phone yesterday.
    I will try twitter to contact BB, good point here.

Regarding BB not being obliged to answer regarding any problem related to its device, I have a somewhat different opinion. This is an issue which only they can control/change, in other words, except them there is nowhere to go, so since they took this responsibility, I expect them to manage this somehow.
    04-10-17 12:04 PM
    YOUR OPTIONS:

First: Get rid of that phone and most importantly Try To Get Your Money Back. Since you already filed a case, you are going in the right direction. Tell them (eBay) that they (vendor) are selling "stolen" phones and you are a victim. Like someone previously said, if you used paypal, file a case with paypal too for refund.

Second: Best way to contact BlackBerry is to use Twitter. They are somewhat hyper active there. You can ask them about your device and once they confirm it is a stolen piece and hence blacklisted, you can submit it as proof to eBay and Paypal. If you do not receive a reply within 30 minutes, post another tweet and keep doing it until they respond. [Additionally, may be if you talk nicely to BB people and show them your purchase receipt, they will unflag it for you taking an exception. It is unlikely but not totally impossible.]
    do you remember which twitter account can deal with this type of issues please?
    04-10-17 12:05 PM
    do you remember which twitter account can deal with this type of issues please?
    @BlackBerryHelp
    pkcable likes this.
    04-10-17 12:08 PM
    Thank you all who replied.

I have paid Papypal, but on their website it says to open a dispute via Ebay, which I did.

In our Ebay dispute, the seller is asking to wait until 18 April for him to return from a holiday, which I am very reluctant to do since I need a working phone yesterday.
    I will try twitter to contact BB, good point here.

Regarding BB not being obliged to answer regarding any problem related to its device, I have a somewhat different opinion. This is an issue which only they can control/change, in other words, except them there is nowhere to go, so since they took this responsibility, I expect them to manage this somehow.
    Please DO NOT wait!! Request your refund as soon as Ebay will allow it. You can escalate it by saying that the seller sold you a stolen phone. Make sure to do that TODAY.
    04-10-17 12:21 PM

The seller is on holiday WITH YOUR MONEY! He is a thief for selling a stolen phone.

In addition, do not agree to any deal with the seller!! Your only solution is for Ebay to get your money refunded.
    04-10-17 01:12 PM
    YOUR OPTIONS:

Second: Best way to contact BlackBerry is to use Twitter. They are somewhat hyper active there. You can ask them about your device and once they confirm it is a stolen piece and hence blacklisted, you can submit it as proof to eBay and Paypal.
    Ebay will, in the name of fairness give the seller that BS extension that he asked for unless you slam that door shut and show reasonable belief that the phone has been stolen

EDIT: Your carrier should also be able to give you an indication if the phone has been reported stolen.
    a.petrov likes this.
    04-10-17 03:19 PM

On this point... you need to adjust your expectations. BlackBerry does not warrant or support 3rd party purchases, nor do the bother with "working out" if a device is stolen or not. Now if you bought this phone brand new from an authorized dealer, it would be different. With a proof of purchase they would be able to verify you are the real owner, as it is.... it's not their fault you bought a device that has a PIN that has been entered as stolen.

Report it to EBay as has been stated... don't wait. It's between you and the seller.... BlackBerry has nothing to do with it.
    a.petrov likes this.
    04-10-17 03:33 PM
    PIN block is usually a stolen device. You can't expect BB to do anything for you when the device purchased is not from them.
    a.petrov likes this.
    04-10-17 04:17 PM
    Refund it ASAP and raise hell with eBay.
    a.petrov likes this.
    04-10-17 05:12 PM
    Do not put your time or hope in this belief. BlackBerry will not unblock the pin. Your only solution is to dispute the sale on Ebay and get your money back through their process.

We are sorry that this has happened, but its not the first time your question has been asked, that it why we all are strongly referring you to get your refund through Ebay.
    a.petrov likes this.
    04-10-17 07:23 PM
    @a.petrov please let us know how your complaint goes.

Posted via the Diva's beautiful Red Passport!
    04-10-17 09:37 PM
    I understand what everything is saying, and personally I also think now after reading this thread and elsewhere on the web, that the phone is 99% stolen. However, how can I make such an accusation until BB confirms/infirms this?

I would gladly contact the carrier, but I do not know which carrier blocked it. I tried the one on which i am planning on using it, but they said they can't do anything with a phone not sold by them.

Before I accuse the seller that the phone is stolen, I need some information from authorities or BB, right? Or the only time one can see such a message on the screen as in opening post is when the phone is stolen?
    04-11-17 12:28 AM
    I understand what everything is saying, and personally I also think now after reading this thread and elsewhere on the web, that the phone is 99% stolen. However, how can I make such an accusation until BB confirms/infirms this?

I would gladly contact the carrier, but I do not know which carrier blocked it. I tried the one on which i am planning on using it, but they said they can't do anything with a phone not sold by them.

Before I accuse the seller that the phone is stolen, I need some information from authorities or BB, right? Or the only time one can see such a message on the screen as in opening post is when the phone is stolen?
    You have the proof. The pin is blocked. That makes the phone stolen.

Stop worrying about the seller, and worry about getting your refund before the time limit on Ebay passes. Once the time limit is over, then you will have zero chance of seeing your money ever again.
    a.petrov likes this.
    04-11-17 12:43 AM

From the knowledge base: “Device Pin Blocked. Unable to contact BlackBerry service. Please contact service provider for assistance” displays on the BlackBerry 10 smartphone

If the seller advertised it as a working phone you can rightfully say they sold you a dud, and a stolen one at that. Get a refund as soon as possible, don't worry about the scum that sold it.
    04-11-17 12:58 AM
    You have the proof. The pin is blocked. That makes the phone stolen.

Stop worrying about the seller, and worry about getting your refund before the time limit on Ebay passes. Once the time limit is over, then you will have zero chance of seeing your money ever again.
    People in Eastern Europe are reporting that Blackberry automatically blocks devices that are registering on a network outside of Blackberry services (Belarus in most cases I read about on internet).

Could it be my case? I bought it in the UK, but only switched it on for the first time in Moldova, because here is where I plan on using it with a local sim card for a work assignment.

Anyway, in the meantime I wrote to [email protected] and [email protected] because people have reported that it helped.

If there is no reply by 16 April, I will escalate with Ebay as a last resort. At this point I need the phone working more that the refund.

Thank you all for advising and helping me with this issue.
    anon(870071) likes this.
    04-12-17 02:47 AM
    I just wrote them too, thank you!
    04-12-17 02:55 AM
    You should not really wait until April 16 and instead open dispute with eBay (there is an option to select - seller didn't reply.). Seller knows pretty well what he/she does and is currently doing; outsmart him/her. Go ahead and file a dispute. Delaying it, believe me, is going to end in your favor. You don't believe seller didn't know it was a stolen device and is therefore innocent and perhaps needs some time to take it all in, right?
    04-12-17 09:04 AM
33 12