Hope someone can help here. I deleted a particular app by long pressing the icon and then wanted to re-install after doing a hard reset. This particular app is used for blocking emails that I don't want to show up locally to my phone. With out going into to many details, it is recommended by the app developer to do this when the program starts to act up and I have done this numerous times in the past without issues. It looks like Blackberry world is the problem. I can't re-install through BBW because it says already installed but in reality it is not. Kind of like to get this app running again on my Passport. I want to get a few more months on this phone before I probably jump ship to Keyone (link is not working well for me and other issues).

Posted via CB10
    11-06-17 09:50 AM
    Hope someone can help here. I deleted a particular app by long pressing the icon and then wanted to re-install after doing a hard reset. This particular app is used for blocking emails that I don't want to show up locally to my phone. With out going into to many details, it is recommended by the app developer to do this when the program starts to act up and I have done this numerous times in the past without issues. It looks like Blackberry world is the problem. I can't re-install through BBW because it says already installed but in reality it is not. Kind of like to get this app running again on my Passport. I want to get a few more months on this phone before I probably jump ship to Keyone (link is not working well for me and other issues).

Posted via CB10
    Are you on OS 10.3.2.2876 (2836)?

If so, you probably didn't patch the Android delete bug. Reboot after install.

http://support.blackberry.com/kb/art...mber=000037772
    11-06-17 09:55 AM
    Thanks Conite, I am on software release 10.3.3.1463 so I think I am already patched. I will check out that link u provided though.

Posted via CB10
    11-06-17 10:04 AM
    Thanks Conite, I am on software release 10.3.3.1463 so I think I am already patched. I will check out that link u provided though.

Posted via CB10
    Don't run that android update in BBW if you are on 10.3.3.1463. Have you tried refreshing BBW? While in BBW swipe down from top/settings/general/refresh bbw
    11-06-17 10:08 AM
    Thanks brookie229, refreshing BBW worked (duh, my bad: I should have figured that one out myself!).
    Curious though, I do now recall reading about that android runtime fix before and it was said that do not use it unless you were specifically having that issue (which at the time I did not). I'm glad I saw your posting to jog my memory. Not sure sure of the result if I had downloaded and run it and already having a newer version of BB10 installed? Anyways, all good!

Posted via CB10
    brookie229 likes this.
    11-06-17 04:53 PM
    Thanks brookie229, refreshing BBW worked (duh, my bad: I should have figured that one out myself!).
    Curious though, I do now recall reading about that android runtime fix before and it was said that do not use it unless you were specifically having that issue (which at the time I did not). I'm glad I saw your posting to jog my memory. Not sure sure of the result if I had downloaded and run it and already having a newer version of BB10 installed? Anyways, all good!

Posted via CB10
    Glad it worked for you.
    11-06-17 06:33 PM