I've had my KEYone For almost 10 months, and I still can't solve this problem which is pretty much a deal breaker for using my KEYone As a daily driver.

It seems that the KEYone (and maybe Android in general) fails to recognize the difference between a WiFi network that requires a Web login to access the Internet and a WiFi connection with a working Internet connection.

The result is that data transmission stops completely whenever the phone is in range of a saved public WiFi connection that requires a login, even if I don't want to use it!

Whether it's a podcast, a song, a video,or just reading a newspaper, my content simply stops streaming if I walk past a coffee shop or other business with Public WiFi that I've previously accessed.

As far as I can tell, the only solutions for this are to 1) forget every public WiFi network following each use, or 2) constantly toggle WiFi on and off.

Assuming this is some kind of sadistic feature instead of a horrible bug, can someone point me to Android's documentation of how this is supposed to work?

Posted with my trusty Z10
    06-07-18 10:02 AM