My z10 battery ran dead the other day and won't revive at all - same symptoms as this post (no logo/no comp recognition/nothing) - http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...0-dead-836202/

I've tried all various reset methods - tried reloading os (comp doesn't recognize device is connected/link doesn't recognize device/internet explorer method doesn't work either), have bought a new battery/ls1 charger kit, used oem chargers etc.., battery pulls etc.... I do not get anything on the screen -

the only sign the device gets any power is if:

:battery is removed then the device is plugged in - red light will come on for approx 45-60 secs then go off (both with battery out/reinserted)
    :if I hold down power button etc.. to do a reset - the red light will flash twice after 10 secs then nothing.

Again, no recognition by comp/link(doesn't recognize as a usb drive - and yes the cable is fine also), nothing on screen whatsoever (no logo/battery/loading screen etc...)

I'm willing to try anything that might work in the next 24-36 hrs as I love the ph - but given that the z10 has basically been discontinued (the charger was stupid hard to track down in store) I won't be looking to replace it and it will prob have been my last bb ph. Any suggestions would be appreciated! thanks john
    08-19-14 09:56 PM
    did u try installing os via autoloader?? it might work

Posted via CB10
    08-19-14 10:06 PM
    Wasn't logged in but the above is my post - willing to try anything but has to be relatively soon - on holidays and need to get a ph up and running for work purposes in the next 24-36 hrs so any help would be appreciated. Please be aware that I have double/triple checked all batteries/cables/connections etc... (tried resetting hundreds of times/charged batteries/ph a variety of ways and over a 24 hr period and that i am reasonably competent enough to load the os (I have no issues side loading my playbook w bar files/converting apk's) so at this point I'm ruling out operator error - but if there is anything someone think's i've missed or a new avenue to try let me know. thanks
    j
    08-19-14 10:07 PM
    did u try installing os via autoloader?? it might work

Posted via CB10
    As per post - computer/blackberry link do not recognize the z10 no matter what i do. there is no audible indicator that its been connected, nor does it show up as a flash drive etc... Can't autoload/restore the os as the comp doesn't even see the ph/drive its supposed to send it to - have tried several times both w Link and Internetexplorer - no go either way
    08-19-14 10:11 PM
    As per post - computer/blackberry link do not recognize the z10 no matter what i do. there is no audible indicator that its been connected, nor does it show up as a flash drive etc... Can't autoload/restore the os as the comp doesn't even see the ph/drive its supposed to send it to - have tried several times both w Link and Internetexplorer - no go either way
    ya if its not responding to pc then it wont help.. and sadly there isnt any other way to fix it.. well gud luck hope you find a way

Posted via CB10
    08-19-14 10:15 PM
    The same with mine. The thread defined it purely. I'm worried of my z10. Only 1 months old he is. Pc/link is not recognising my phone. Please help...

Posted via CB10
    08-19-14 10:17 PM
    The same with mine. The thread defined it purely. I'm worried of my z10. Only 1 months old he is. Pc/link is not recognising my phone. Please help...

Posted via CB10
    try restoring your phone into factory settings then try again but different usb ports sometimes it doesn't pick up the device.. and sometimes youneed to update the installer and not to skip it..

Posted via CB10
    08-19-14 10:21 PM
    Resorted it 2-3 times. No changes. I tried turning off my phone, and then connecting to link. Surprise for a minute. It show up, like 'Connected Unknown'. Then I tried to restore. But my phone automatically turned on. And the connection went evaporated. My phone turns off and turn on as he wants. Goes off after correct 20%. And then turns on, loads. Off, on, load,...........etc

Posted via CB10
    08-19-14 10:35 PM
    Resorted it 2-3 times. No changes. I tried turning off my phone, and then connecting to link. Surprise for a minute. It show up, like 'Connected Unknown'. Then I tried to restore. But my phone automatically turned on. And the connection went evaporated. My phone turns off and turn on as he wants. Goes off after correct 20%. And then turns on, loads. Off, on, load,...........etc

Posted via CB10
    maybe hardware issue..

Posted via CB10
    08-19-14 10:52 PM