Have avoided upgrading due to Covid. Tried moving SIM and memory card from old Torch to reconditioned Torch from Amazon. Somehow killed the SIM. I have 3,000 contacts I CANNOT lose that are either still on the phone or the memory card or both. Best course of action? If I buy a KeyONE or 2 online will I be able to insert the memory card and the phone can read the contacts? Or do I need help from a store to transfer onto a new SIM? Or do I need to take the two Torches to a store, have them transfer from one to another and then upgrade from the working Torch to a Key somehow? I would love to avoid going to a store but will if that's the only way. In the past I have not found small stores knowledgeable about Blackberries. I have ATT service and they are not showing the phones available. Amazon also sent a set of SIM adapters with the newer Torch. Thanks.
    11-25-20 06:02 PM
    Have avoided upgrading due to Covid. Tried moving SIM and memory card from old Torch to reconditioned Torch from Amazon. Somehow killed the SIM. I have 3,000 contacts I CANNOT lose that are either still on the phone or the memory card or both. Best course of action? If I buy a KeyONE or 2 online will I be able to insert the memory card and the phone can read the contacts? Or do I need help from a store to transfer onto a new SIM? Or do I need to take the two Torches to a store, have them transfer from one to another and then upgrade from the working Torch to a Key somehow? I would love to avoid going to a store but will if that's the only way. In the past I have not found small stores knowledgeable about Blackberries. I have ATT service and they are not showing the phones available. Amazon also sent a set of SIM adapters with the newer Torch. Thanks.
    What were you able to recover using BlackBerry Protect on the new Torch?
    11-25-20 08:09 PM
    I'm sorry, I don't know what Blackberrry protect is. As I mentioned all my contacts are still on the old phone, either on the memory card or the SIM. Are you suggesting that Blackberry Protect can move them to the new Torch?
    11-25-20 09:47 PM
    I'm sorry, I don't know what Blackberrry protect is. As I mentioned all my contacts are still on the old phone, either on the memory card or the SIM. Are you suggesting that Blackberry Protect can move them to the new Torch?
    BlackBerry Protect saves a backup in the cloud.

Sign into the new Torch with the same BBID and try a restore.
    11-26-20 01:03 AM
    Access your Contacts app and tap on the menu button. From the menu, tap on “Merge accounts” and from next prompt tap on “Merge from Google”. From the next prompt, tap on “OK” and all your contacts will be merged. This will merge the accounts to get rid of duplicate contacts that were created due to multiple accounts.
    11-26-20 05:23 AM
    Access your Contacts app and tap on the menu button. From the menu, tap on “Merge accounts” and from next prompt tap on “Merge from Google”. From the next prompt, tap on “OK” and all your contacts will be merged. This will merge the accounts to get rid of duplicate contacts that were created due to multiple accounts.
    Umm, this isn't relevant to the topic here.
    11-26-20 10:16 AM
    OK, I don't have a backup in the cloud. I have a dead sim in a Torch. I have 3,000 very valuable contacts still there on the Torch., either on the memory card or the phone. I would like to buy a new KeyONE or 2 and move the contacts to the new phone. How do I do that once I have the new phone?
    11-27-20 01:10 PM
    OK, I don't have a backup in the cloud.
    What did you try to conclude this?
    11-27-20 01:16 PM
    Contacts are not saved to the memory card, only to device memory.
    The sim is NOT a memory card. A memory card IS NOT a sim. Two completely different things.

Export to a deprovisioned sim (from your contacts) and then import them from the sim phone book to your new device. Very easily done.

No backup required.

From my BlackBerry Q5 on Freedom Mobile 3G HSPA+
    12-05-20 01:05 PM