Thanks
    10-14-17 06:08 AM
    Can some one please advise what is the most effective way to transfer :

Data
    Programmes
    Apps

from a Passport to a KeyOne

Thanks
    Data: It depends. I generally transfer files like photos, music, videos, documents manually. I will copy them to my computer and then to the new phone OR if I've been using an sd-card and the files/data is on the card, I will move the card. Or as a precaution, backup the card to computer and then move the card.

I use Gmail for email and it syncs my Calendar, contacts. So reestablishing that gmail account will allow the data to sync or move to the new phone.

There's also Content Transfer available for both phones. It can also move data (photos/music can be VERY slow which is why I go manual). It can move only x number of Text messages, possibly 3,500. If you have more there are 3rd party apps that can do it.

Programmes (you British! (g)) - BB10 is a different operating system than the KeyOne Android. So unless you have acquired Android apps over the years, the bb10 ones will not transfer. If you do have Android apps, if you use the same Google ID (or email), then those apps will be available to download again.

Android, and therefore, KeyOne, does not necessarily ship with some of the basic type apps we had on bb10 or they come with Google versions which some folks don't like. 3rd party apps will fill in the gaps. Asus makes a nice File Manager (I use it and Solid). There are tons of music players and video apps. Some folks use native TEXT apps or find 3rd party apps.

Welcome to the other side. It can take a while to adjust to Android. And the smaller screen/keyboard. Verizon never offered the Passport so I'm not very familiar with it in many respects.
    10-14-17 09:29 AM