Hello everyone, IM having my key 2 delivered to me tomorrow, I currently use an s7 edge, but my work require to send me emails for communication purposes and i can communicate with my coleagues too, but this gives my work access to my entire phone of they needed to. The software the use is sharepoint which is a microsoft office feature. My question is, how do i set up my bb so that theres a work profile seperate from my personnal space on the phone? If this has already been asked u do apolagise but any help would be greatful.
    01-03-19 01:28 PM
    Well, that depends on your work. On your S7, did you set up Android for Work? If so, it's the same process. If your work isn't that 'strict' you can just add an additional user to your device once you set up your main profile. It will have everything seperate. Need more details on your work requirements and current setup to offer accurate information. Worst case, you can swing by your IT department, they'll have answers for you.
    01-03-19 01:59 PM
    Hello, i didnt set up the android for work, i just isntalled the outlook email app, and then followed the instructions from the IT department on how to install sharepoint and microsoft office. I know I had to agree to some kind of terms and conditions of use, which included them being able to remotely have some kind of access to my phone for admin purposes. for example if i lost my phone, they would be able to wipe all the data from it, not sire how that works, but it just suggests to me that they have too much access for my liking. when I get the key2 ill try and create an aditional user like youve mentioned, amd see if that works, it does sound like what im looking for.
    01-03-19 04:42 PM
    What you agreed to is a fairly standard permission for Office 365 apps. All the management profile lets your company do is wipe the device if stolen, unless they are also using InTune (Microsoft's MDM Solution) which does grant them more in depth access no different than any other MDM like BES, AirWatch, or MobileIron. By using a personal device to access corporate resources you're making a trade-off in terms of allowing a degree of management over your device.
    01-04-19 07:32 AM
    Ok, so after a bit more researching on youtube, i cam across avideo of a blackberry 10 device, but the person was saying how you can create a work profile, which would be seperate from your personal profile on the phone, thus only allow8ng the comapny to have access the work side of the phone. can thos still be done on the key 2, ill try and send a link of the video i watched.
    01-04-19 01:42 PM
    01-04-19 01:44 PM
    can thos still be done on the key 2
    Yes, through Android for Work. Best option is to talk to whoever handles adding devices to your company, because it all depends on what they're using as @rthonpm noted.
    01-04-19 01:51 PM
    oh ok, its a tricky one because, basically i work for a bus company, so its not company phones, everyone uses their personaly phones and has the sharepoint software installed, whixh allows everyone to access the work portal and emails. ill check with the IT dept and see what they say, hopefully it is something that I can do. thank you for replying and sharing your knowledge, its much apreciated.
    Bla1ze likes this.
    01-04-19 01:56 PM