I live in the US and dropped my passport on some rocks while fishing, the screen is cracked but otherwise it still works flawlessly. First off I would like to ask if anyone knows if just the screen can be replaced since the touch function on the display still works or if the whole setup with the digitizer will need to be replaced. Last of all does anyone know where the parts can be purchased as I would like to fix it myself. I saw some online on ebay around $80 for the screen and digitizer but I also just saw the screen portion for around $15 without the digitizer. Any help would be much appreciated.

"I am the rocks of the eternal shore, crash against me and be broken!"
    01-17-16 11:40 PM
    I risked making that same replacement only last week, having never opened a mobile phone before, and while the glass is available on its own, at a tenth the price of a full assembly, I can't see any obvious non-destructive way to separate the LCD and digitiser from it - they appear well fused, and I was worried enough about heatgunning the thin strips of glue around the edges loose, to separate glass from frame. Somebody with more experience would have better advice.

I got this one: BlackBerry Passport LCD Digitizer Touch Screen Assembly - ETrade Supply

A pair of notes from my experience: None of the torx bits in the tool set I bought, along with the display, turned out to fit the Passport screws. I deperately brute forced my way through the operation anyway, which is not recommended; I wound up deciding to bend somewhat on the circuit board (cold sweat running), whose screws I couldn't budge, to be able to stick the connector through the slit in the chassis (which is a little overlapped by the PCB). -Get proper drivers.
    Also: Keep track of the speaker grille, just as carefully as you do the scews. I have no idea where I put mine, and now... let's put a positive spin on it, and say I no longer have anything impeding the sound waves between phone and ear... :P
    01-18-16 01:31 AM
    I'm pretty savvy when it comes to fixing electronics, I was just wondering could I just get the screen because the touch part is working fine. The only issue about just a replacement screen is if it is scratch resistant and will function correctly.

01-18-16 04:32 AM
    Check exact model with thurask BBDownloader (System Info - Display), there are at least two models LCD 57695-003 / 111 and LCD 57695-003 / 111B
    01-18-16 04:41 AM
    How do I do that, thanks for the help?

01-18-16 05:38 AM
    I'm trying to find a screen for the SE. Any hope?

Posted via CB10
    02-01-16 05:54 PM