So how is the CrackBerry expansion going.... we have gotten off track again on what the definition of what actively is.

TrumpetTiger spend your time writing up some updated "how tos" for BB10....leave out your beliefs about the future and focus on the here and now.
    ppeters914 and anon(5597702) like this.
    01-10-20 07:20 AM
    What would you suggest?
    Crackberry make its own phone and license Blackberry software. I would prefer to start with the Passport II

Hammered out on my Precious Passport
    01-10-20 07:27 AM
    Crackberry make its own phone and license Blackberry software. I would prefer to start with the Passport II

Hammered out on my Precious Passport
    If that happens Windows Central and WebOS Nation should follow suit.

I'd still by a CrackBerry™ by CrackBerry.
    john_v likes this.
    01-10-20 01:07 PM
    Still waiting since this would be fair to your position if you could explain @TrumpetTiger
    Sorry for the delay Chuck.

Blackberry made the Blackberry 10 OS EOL on 12/31/2019. It specifically did NOT make Blackberry 10, Playbook, or BBOS back-end services EOL (as in it specifically stated these services were not EOL explicitly). While the official printed word on Blackberry World is ambiguous, evidence strongly suggests that will persist for some time to come as well, albeit in static mode.
    01-17-20 06:25 PM
    So how is the CrackBerry expansion going.... we have gotten off track again on what the definition of what actively is.

TrumpetTiger spend your time writing up some updated "how tos" for BB10....leave out your beliefs about the future and focus on the here and now.
    I'll be happy to leave out my beliefs. I will, however, state the known facts about the future, and call out others when they state their beliefs as fact.

However, there will certainly be updated how-tos and BB10 content coming from me soon. If the CB Powers That Be wish, I may even provide it for CB publication.
    01-17-20 06:26 PM
    I'll be happy to leave out my beliefs. I will, however, state the known facts about the future, and call out others when they state their beliefs as fact.

However, there will certainly be updated how-tos and BB10 content coming from me soon.

If the CB Powers That Be wish, I may even provide it for CB publication.
    Seriously? Was that last sentence really necessary? Seems a bit childish and/or inflammatory to me.

Why would you think CB would not want to publish updated How-To's?

Why would you refrain from providing them?
    01-17-20 06:43 PM
    Sorry for the delay Chuck.

Blackberry made the Blackberry 10 OS EOL on 12/31/2019. It specifically did NOT make Blackberry 10, Playbook, or BBOS back-end services EOL (as in it specifically stated these services were not EOL explicitly). While the official printed word on Blackberry World is ambiguous, evidence strongly suggests that will persist for some time to come as well, albeit in static mode.
    TT - it’s been so long, I forgot the question and I’m too lazy to look up at the minute.

However, the persecution statements are unnecessary, since the official CB organization treats you no differently than me or anyone else regarding the actual rules here.

The CB forums are meant for public discourse within the rules for people of various opinions regarding all OS from all OEMs and have always been that. It’s never been intended to be a safe place or safe zone for any protected opinions.
    ppeters914 likes this.
    01-17-20 06:57 PM
    Seriously? Was that last sentence really necessary? Seems a bit childish and/or inflammatory to me.

Why would you think CB would not want to publish updated How-To's?

Why would you refrain from providing them?
    Because CB has explicitly said they do not wish to publish my How-Tos before.

As for refraining from providing them, since CB controls the platform I can't effectively publish them in a way that people will actually see them. I will very likely make the attempt, because the important thing is trying to serve as many BB10 users as possible.

As for childish and/or inflammatory statements, I was responding to DDD's comment about my personal beliefs. I'd argue that statement was the initial inflammatory one.
    01-17-20 08:50 PM
    TT - it’s been so long, I forgot the question and I’m too lazy to look up at the minute.

However, the persecution statements are unnecessary, since the official CB organization treats you no differently than me or anyone else regarding the actual rules here.

The CB forums are meant for public discourse within the rules for people of various opinions regarding all OS from all OEMs and have always been that. It’s never been intended to be a safe place or safe zone for any protected opinions.
    I wish that was true Chuck. However, as has been demonstrated ad nauseum at this point, there are many mods (perhaps not the official CB organization, but many members) who treat me and those who share my point of view differently than others. It happens frequently and I'm not the only one to notice.

I'd fully agree that CB is not intended to be a safe place for protected opinions, but it effectively functions that way for certain opinions these days.
    01-17-20 08:51 PM
    I wish that was true Chuck. However, as has been demonstrated ad nauseum at this point, there are many mods (perhaps not the official CB organization, but many members) who treat me and those who share my point of view differently than others. It happens frequently and I'm not the only one to notice.

I'd fully agree that CB is not intended to be a safe place for protected opinions, but it effectively functions that way for certain opinions these days.
    Nah. We all are subject to the same rules. No one gets an exemption.

The problem with stickies is that no one ever looks at them. They just ask because it's easier.
    01-18-20 12:30 AM
    Because CB has explicitly said they do not wish to publish my How-Tos before.

As for refraining from providing them, since CB controls the platform I can't effectively publish them in a way that people will actually see them. I will very likely make the attempt, because the important thing is trying to serve as many BB10 users as possible.

As for childish and/or inflammatory statements, I was responding to DDD's comment about my personal beliefs. I'd argue that statement was the initial inflammatory one.
    What are you providing that's new and has not been already covered? If all you have is something that already exists in a sticky or a blog post, of course it's not getting published or stickied. If you have something that is actually new and improved, then by all means share. Why would you wait for more people to be discouraged from using BB10 by not posting?
    01-18-20 02:17 AM

CrackBerry expansion request.-tenor-2-.gif
    01-18-20 02:23 AM

These sound like claims of micro aggression which is silly in and of itself. Don’t take it personal when a minority opinion is ridiculed. That’s expected when you want to claim that it’s the correct opinion and nobody agrees with you.
    Thud Hardsmack and john_v like this.
    01-18-20 08:32 AM
113 ... 345