Blaze, thanks for all your help in the Crackberry community however, Blackberry hasn't been doing too good for the past 5 years (at least).
    www.Berryreview.com, my other favorite website is now a shell of its former self and posts about updates after they happen don't count really.
    Please, expand Crackberry's scope (diversify) to make it relevant again. Ask Kevin since he's good at that stuff.
    Thanks.
    01-05-20 09:13 PM
    Blaze, thanks for all your help in the Crackberry community however, Blackberry hasn't been doing too good for the past 5 years (at least).
    www.Berryreview.com, my other favorite website is now a shell of its former self and posts about updates after they happen don't count really.
    Please, expand Crackberry's scope (diversify) to make it relevant again. Ask Kevin since he's good at that stuff.
    Thanks.
    Mobile Nations has plenty of different sites to go to if you want more and varied content.
    Crackberry is for BlackBerry. That is how it should be.
    01-05-20 09:21 PM
    Mobile Nations has plenty of different sites to go to if you want more and varied content.
    I agree. There is still plenty going on around here.
    nevilleadaniels and Suzeranne like this.
    01-05-20 09:51 PM
    I agree. There is still plenty going on around here.
    Dunt Dunt Dunt likes this.
    01-05-20 11:59 PM
    Please, expand Crackberry's scope (diversify) to make it relevant again.
    What would you suggest?
    01-06-20 01:05 AM
    I miss the weekly Friday BB10 app roundup. I'd love to see that brought back.
    01-06-20 01:25 AM
    I miss the weekly Friday BB10 app roundup. I'd love to see that brought back.
    You’re in charge if you’d like. Bla1ze has repeatedly said that if people want to do stuff like that and submit reviews it could be posted.
    01-06-20 06:01 AM
    [QUOTE Ask Kevin since he's good at that stuff.
    Thanks.[/QUOTE]

Kevin's seen the light and moved on, maybe it's time we all did! However I still enjoy using my real berry's and of course CB.
    01-06-20 10:01 AM
    Ask Kevin since he's good at that stuff.
    Thanks.
    Kevin's seen the light and moved on, maybe it's time we all did! However I still enjoy using my real berry's and of course CB.
    Oh? Has CBK said something, or are you making that assumption based on his silence?

Anyone see or know if CBK or Mr. Mobile still use their Key2's?
    01-06-20 10:31 AM
    Oh? Has CBK said something, or are you making that assumption based on his silence?

Anyone see or know if CBK or Mr. Mobile still use their Key2's?
    If CBK had anything to say... there wouldn't be silence on his part.

If you love BBOS, BB10 or BBAndroid and feel you have something of interest to contribute.... write it up and send to Bla1ze.

But a BB10 App round up? I might can see the "best of" currently working and available to all BB10 apps. But I think you'd be hard press to feature two or three apps every week for any great length of time - and hold anyone interest. Most BB10 users today, are aware of what's out there. Even Android and iOS sites don't bother with weekly app reviews much anymore....
    ppeters914 likes this.
    01-06-20 11:01 AM
    If CBK had anything to say... there wouldn't be silence on his part.

If you love BBOS, BB10 or BBAndroid and feel you have something of interest to contribute.... write it up and send to Bla1ze.

But a BB10 App round up? I might can see the "best of" currently working and available to all BB10 apps. But I think you'd be hard press to feature two or three apps every week for any great length of time - and hold anyone interest. Most BB10 users today, are aware of what's out there. Even Android and iOS sites don't bother with weekly app reviews much anymore....
    Somewhere a unicorn just died.... after falling, breaking it’s leg and being shot by the angry leprechaun thrown off before sending the unicorn off to glue factory...

������ sniff
    john_v and BigAl_BB9900 like this.
    01-06-20 11:28 AM

Sarcasm, my dude.
    01-06-20 11:53 AM
    And what if there is no more BlackBerry devices? (which seems to be the case)
    01-06-20 11:56 AM
    And what if there is no more BlackBerry devices? (which seems to be the case)
    Like Windows Mobile and WebOS sites, Crackberry will serve enthusiasts for a long time to come.
    01-06-20 12:14 PM
    Thanks.
    Kevin is the COO of Mobile Nations now and has been for a while. Mobile Nations was sold to Future Publishing last year and I'm sure Kevin has some big fish to batter and fry and obviously is perhaps a little bit busy these days? Crackberry itself is still relevant as is but growing it while there are no future Blackberry phones in the pipeline? Nah....
    01-06-20 03:33 PM
    I certainly do not think CrackBerry should be about BlackBerry Ltd. They are makers of Android apk’s is all. No longer the mother ship.

Somehow CrackBerry has lost it’s world view. Perhaps CrackBerry should just migrate to the USA if it has not already.
    01-06-20 03:52 PM
    Like Windows Mobile and WebOS sites, Crackberry will serve enthusiasts for a long time to come.
    Should it be renamed to "CracKBoard" and cover all upcoming PKB devices, from wherever they may arise
    nevilleadaniels likes this.
    01-06-20 04:00 PM
    Should it be renamed to "CracKBoard" and cover all upcoming PKB devices, from wherever they may arise
    I highly doubt we'll see any more.

The three current kickstarter devices aren't even on the radar.
    01-06-20 04:01 PM
    Who are the new customers of Blackberry? Business wise I mean.
    What is their scope and how do they use BlackBerry today?
    Is it possible to setup interviews with those companies to see what they do in a series of episodes. (Of course, without divulging their trade secrets and what not).
    Do a little science behind the old phones and new phones...an in depth review and look at how they were built in extreme details, if the future is hard to touch on initially, focus on the past for the time being.
    Meet the old people who made BlackBerry the ones we love and talk about the past with them, with respect and admiration of what they accomplished.
    If that sounds like a good idea, go for it, should keep the staff busy for a year or two.
    Oh, even diverse into cars if needed as long as BlackBerry or QNX is involved.
    Hope that helps.
    01-06-20 05:15 PM
    Who are the new customers of Blackberry? Business wise I mean.
    What is their scope and how do they use BlackBerry today?
    Is it possible to setup interviews with those companies to see what they do in a series of episodes. (Of course, without divulging their trade secrets and what not).
    Do a little science behind the old phones and new phones...an in depth review and look at how they were built in extreme details, if the future is hard to touch on initially, focus on the past for the time being.
    Meet the old people who made BlackBerry the ones we love and talk about the past with them, with respect and admiration of what they accomplished.
    If that sounds like a good idea, go for it, should keep the staff busy for a year or two.
    Oh, even diverse into cars if needed as long as BlackBerry or QNX is involved.
    Hope that helps.
    Doesn’t matter as BlackBerry left the phone business three years ago. It’s over for the phone business. Let it go.
    01-06-20 05:17 PM
    Thanks.
    I'm with you amir...but unfortunately I suspect you will find folks like us have the minority view.
    01-07-20 12:22 AM
    Yes I still use a Z10 as a podcast player and a Playbook which I play with 2 times a year and a Passport that has amazing speakers. But to say that they are still going strongly?
    01-07-20 01:39 AM
    I'm with you amir...but unfortunately I suspect you will find folks like us have the minority view.
    I think most here wish there was more interesting stuff going on with BlackBerry...

But what is happening to BlackBerry fan sites is a result of the overall decline in sales and stagnation of the existing platforms.

Really what is there to say?
    ppeters914 and Laura Knotek like this.
    01-07-20 08:03 AM
    I don't even check the main site anymore... just the forums. There's still a lot of great discussion taking place here, albeit the volume has drastically gone down over the past couple of years. The TCL partnership really infused some energy around here but has since died down.

As conite mentions upthread, I hope that the CB forums will continue to serve BB enthusiasts for years to come, even in the absence of any new hardware.
    01-07-20 08:25 AM
    Minority view about what? There’s nothing really left of the brand since BlackBerry left the mobile phone business. It’s figuratively and literally dead.....
    01-07-20 09:58 AM
113 123 ...