We have two Z10s, which have lain unused for 10 weeks. On recharging and attempting to use them, they pass the SIM security but will not accept the device passwords. Is it possible the device password on both devices has become corrupted (or been deleted) through a lack of charge to the device. Any tips as to how to proceed? The first one has four attempts left; the second nine attempts left.

Best wishes - Anthony
    02-26-17 08:56 AM
    Is it possible the device password on both devices has become corrupted (or been deleted) through a lack of charge to the device.
    Nope, not possible. You are going to have to remember that password.
    02-26-17 09:00 AM
    Nope, not possible. You are going to have to remember that password.
    If you know your bbid and password for your bbid you can log into BlackBerry Protect https://blackberryid.blackberry.com/ lock your device and change password to whatever you want
    02-26-17 10:57 AM
    If you know your bbid and password for your bbid you can log into BlackBerry Protect https://blackberryid.blackberry.com/ lock your device and change password to whatever you want
    Yup, but one way or another you still need to remember that password.
    02-26-17 11:01 AM
    Yup, but one way or another you still need to remember that password.
    Right his bbid password to access protect , but once in protect he won't need to know his device password which I believe is his issue
    02-26-17 11:05 AM
    Thank you for your reply. I haven't forgotten either password. What is common to both handsets is a) the phone provider has switched the original phone number to a different sim card in a different device and b) the units have been unused for ten weeks. We have had the units since the Z10 was first released, and the passwords have not altered in all that time. I have a BBID. Are you saying the Protect advice won't work?

Best - Anthony
    02-26-17 11:10 AM
    Thank you for your reply. I haven't forgotten either password. What is common to both handsets is a) the phone provider has switched the original phone number to a different sim card in a different device and b) the units have been unused for ten weeks. We have had the units since the Z10 was first released, and the passwords have not altered in all that time. I have a BBID. Are you saying the Protect advice won't work?

Best - Anthony
    I would try logging into protect , lock and change your device password then try your device . It's about your only shot
    02-26-17 11:34 AM