Hi All,

The battery of my BB Priv died and had to be replaced. The problem is that the battery is nowhere to be found in South Africa.

I decided to buy a new BB Motion and now need to transfer all my files from the Priv to the Motion.

I tried using the content transfer app and got stuck at the point where it is asking me to go back to my previous device and download the BB content transfer app and start transfering my data.

Is there a way of transfering my data without my previous device because I simply cannot access my BB Priv?
    12-28-18 04:06 PM
    Is there a way of transfering my data without my previous device because I simply cannot access my BB Priv?
    Generally speaking, no. But it depends on what 'data' you're even referring to. Anything supported by Google's backup options will be accessible provided you enabled it on your Priv. Photos will come back via Google Play Photos, again, provided you enabled backup options. But if you're talking about random data from apps like notes, and such like that or you never had any of the backup options enabled, no. It's gone.
    12-28-18 04:35 PM
    Generally speaking, no. But it depends on what 'data' you're even referring to. Anything supported by Google's backup options will be accessible provided you enabled it on your Priv. Photos will come back via Google Play Photos, again, provided you enabled backup options. But if you're talking about random data from apps like notes, and such like that or you never had any of the backup options enabled, no. It's gone.

Thank you for the reply.
    I enabled backup on my BB Priv.
    So, how can I transfer my data without the Priv?
    12-28-18 06:15 PM
    Thank you for the reply.
    I enabled backup on my BB Priv.
    So, how can I transfer my data without the Priv?
    Set up your new device with the same account as was on your Priv, as part of the setup process it will ask if you want to restore those things from the cloud.
    12-28-18 06:18 PM
    Set up your new device with the same account as was on your Priv, as part of the setup process it will ask if you want to restore those things from the cloud.

Dear Bla1ze,

I really appreciate your concern and taking all the time to reply.

I did a factory reset and started afresh. So I chose to restore with google drive and it only brought my apps, pictures and musics etc including screensaver but not the contacts and notes.

Do you have idea, how I can get those?

Kind regards.

Brianhez.
    12-29-18 03:22 AM