All

Kind of fed up and at the end of 'tether'.

Been a BlackBerry user for centuries and I now have the latest, and greatest Key2, but I have an issue with Contacts.

Add a new contact in Contacts and it doesn"t appear in Phone or Messages when I search for said Contact. Also I am getting duplications in Phone and Messages.

Have checked contact management and I am only using one account, so there is no logic as to why Contacts is fine, but Phone, or messages, which has the permission to look at Contacts does something completely different.

Any help gratefully received.

Cheers
    03-10-19 01:00 AM
    Does the contacts app have all permissions enabled including advanced settings?
    03-10-19 01:10 PM
    Cheers Tim thanks for the reply. Please excuse my ignorance, but how to I access the 'advanced setting' tab? As far as I can tell all permissions are set, but I cannot find the advanced settings.

Thanks
    03-10-19 04:51 PM
    Cheers Tim thanks for the reply. Please excuse my ignorance, but how to I access the 'advanced setting' tab? As far as I can tell all permissions are set, but I cannot find the advanced settings.

Thanks
    Try Settings, Apps & Notifications, App Permissions. Scroll to and select Contacts. Scroll through to ensure apps not showing contacts are enabled.

Posted with my BlackBerry KEY2.
    03-10-19 08:38 PM
    Hi Jason
    Have done all of that.
    I have permissions set for Contacts, Inbox, HUB, Calendar, etc....

The individual contacts do not appear as duplicates when I open Contacts. There are only duplicates within Phone and Messages, so my brain is thinking that these two Apps are reading the contacts from two locations.

What is interesting is that all the duplicates are WhatsApp contacts - so Contacts that I are not in my WhatsApp contacts don't appear as duplicates, and when I click on the individual duplicate contact, the green WhatsApp phone logo appears next to there name.

So I turn off the permission for Contacts with WhatsApp, and the only affect is to remove the names from WhatsApp .

So I am now at a loss as to how to resolve this, as I seem to have exhausted all avenues.

Any help would be greatly received

Thanks
    03-11-19 03:39 AM
    On K1 with oreo, I see it on the bottom of the Contacts app page in settings.Contacts not appearing in messages, and phone and duplicatio n present - Blackberry Key2-screenshot_20190311-065317.jpg
    03-11-19 09:55 AM
    Thanks all. Have finally figured out why this was happening.

Basically in Contacts Management the only account selected was Exchange, which is where my contacts are stored -the WhatsApp acccount was not selected.

In Phone and Messages the contacts shown were Whats App contacts, so I re-selected this account in Contacts Management, which produced duplicates within Contacts (even though all contacts contained the same details), and I then joined all the duplicate contacts.

I now look in Phone and Messages, and duplicates are no longer there.

Bizare, strange, and only slightly annoying!!

Cheers
    03-12-19 07:04 AM
    Still great that you figured it out. I keep all my contacts on a personal Outlook.com exchange account. Useful when I change employers because I'm not reliant on that company’s exchange account
    03-12-19 07:17 PM