I've had a BB9900 for the past two years and it has been a very solid phone. It's a work device, so mainly used to work email, calendar, contacts, etc. I've had no complaints (except for the poor camera).

Being in the U.S., I can choose between Verizon and ATT. I am due for an upgrade with my employer and have been given 5 options.
    1) Samsung Galaxy S5 (w/ ATT or Verizon)
    2) iPhone 5C (w/ ATT or Verizon)
    3) Blackberry Q10 (w/ ATT or Verizon)
    4) Blackberry Z10 (w/ ATT or Verizon)
    5) Blackberry Z30 (only with Verizon)

After reading the reviews and demoing the phones, I have decided do go with either a Z10 or Z30. My first choice is the Z30, but that would force me to switch from ATT to Verizon. All my previous experience is with ATT and I've had no issues when traveling. I have heard from some that the Verizon phones do not work well internationally.

So a couple questions about using a Z30 on a Verizon network:
    1) Does anyone have experience using a Z30 Verizon phone in Europe/Mexico? Any issues?
    2) Will a Z30 on Verizon's network allow me to do simultaneous voice and data (I need this for telecoms).

Thanks!
    07-22-14 08:05 PM
    Welcome to CrackBerry.

1) The Verizon Z30 (and Z10) comes unlocked, and with the main two bands that Europe uses for 3G. Neither has European LTE bands though. The Verizon Z30 (but not their Z10) also has the 3G and LTE bands Telcel and Movistar use in Mexico.

If you plan to keep your Verizon service active and roam (i.e. not get a local SIM card,) I'm sure they have partnerships both in Mexico and Europe.

2) My guess would be yes, but I can't say with 100% certainty as I'm not a Verizon customer.

Also, FYI, the Verizon Z30 has some compatibility with AT&T. It works with their 3G and "4G" HSPA+ network everywhere, and with their LTE network in some places.
    07-22-14 08:43 PM
    I would choose Z30 as it has way better battery life than Z10 and also the Z30 has a better antenna probably better for travelling IMO. I am sure within the first 30 days, you can swap for a different phone anyways under the providers warranty but keep in mind, I am in Canada and not privy to US providers so can't comment on them. I would investigate the warranty exchange program just in case. Hopefully it's the same as here but if you are leaning towards a Z10, you will be much more satisfied with the Z30.

Q10 with Telus on 10.3.0.296
    07-22-14 08:51 PM
    I have a verizon Q10 and 4G allows data and calls at the same time 3G CDMA (in US) does not.

When out of country you can use GSM (which does allow data and talk at the same time) via the shared service providers. I had to pay a 10 dollar fee or something like that to get overseas service while out of the country. Since work is supplying the service it should be ok.

Since verizon phones come unlocked you should be able to access the 4G service outside of the country. Which is slightly slower than 4GLTE.

I would get the Z30 because the battery on the Z10 requires a spare to get you through the day. If you do stick with AT&T and the Z10. Then get the spare battery pack. https://forums.crackberry.com/e?link...token=nZ5p17ry

It's a life saver. You can charge both at night and just switch batteries during the day. Plug it in if you are on a call and keep talking.

Posted from my awesome Q10
    raino likes this.
    07-22-14 10:08 PM
    Excellent, Z30 it is!

Thanks for the help.
    07-22-14 10:15 PM
    I have a verizon Q10 and 4G allows data and calls at the same time 3G CDMA (in US) does not.

Since verizon phones come unlocked you should be able to access the 4G service outside of the country. Which is slightly slower than 4GLTE.
    Excellent information. Just a quick couple of clarifications: the calls and texts are over CDMA, but the browsing will be over LTE. That is unless you are in one of the select few places Verizon has rolled out voice over LTE (voLTE.)

Overseas, you may see LTE in Mexico, because Telcel and Movistar both use LTE band 4, which this phone has. LTE for sure works in Canada, with Canadian SIMs (on the same band 4.)
    tex3523 likes this.
    07-22-14 10:40 PM
    I would choose Z30 as it has way better battery life than Z10 and also the Z30 has a better antenna probably better for travelling IMO. I am sure within the first 30 days, you can swap for a different phone anyways under the providers warranty but keep in mind, I am in Canada and not privy to US providers so can't comment on them. I would investigate the warranty exchange program just in case. Hopefully it's the same as here but if you are leaning towards a Z10, you will be much more satisfied with the Z30.

Q10 with Telus on 10.3.0.296
    I used to be with AT&T but since then moved to Verizon and they only have a 14 day grace period.. I went with Verizon z30 and couldn't be happier.. granted there are things I still miss from my Note 3 but are not that significant to go back..

Posted via CB10
    07-24-14 12:31 AM
    Of those options, and because it is for work, I would go with the Z30. The battery life alone will blow you away. But there are so many other good things about it that will make you say "wow".

It's the best all-around smartphone I have ever owned. The only reason I eventually gave it up is apps (Android apps are not a solution to me, they are a stopgap).
    Posted from my Nokia Lumia 822 using Tapatalk
    07-24-14 09:38 AM