Hi,

I bought a new LG Smart TV which has Miracast, so I thought I'd give it a go using my BB Z30.
    I tried a lot of stuff (connecting from 'Miracast' on the Z30, the TV is listed but connection cannot be made). I tried installing the Android app LG "Tag on" but it crashes on start-up.

On another note, I installed LG TV Remote - webOS which potentially makes your phone a remote control for the TV, but the devices cannot be paired (the LG doesn't show up in the app).

The two devices are connected over the same wi-fi network. Any ideas?
    09-06-14 07:17 PM
    Hi,

I bought a new LG Smart TV which has Miracast, so I thought I'd give it a go using my BB Z30.
    I tried a lot of stuff (connecting from 'Miracast' on the Z30, the TV is listed but connection cannot be made). I tried installing the Android app LG "Tag on" but it crashes on start-up.

On another note, I installed LG TV Remote - webOS which potentially makes your phone a remote control for the TV, but the devices cannot be paired (the LG doesn't show up in the app).

The two devices are connected over the same wi-fi network. Any ideas?
    sounds like they're not on the same wifi network. try forgetting the network, and reconnect both devices to your wifi.
    i have an lg tv, and i send my pics, videos etc, to the tv all the time. you may have to enable share on the tv, or firewall setting may need a tweak.

its hard to diagnose, really. :/
    09-06-14 08:46 PM
    sounds like they're not on the same wifi network. try forgetting the network, and reconnect both devices to your wifi.
    i have an lg tv, and i send my pics, videos etc, to the tv all the time. you may have to enable share on the tv, or firewall setting may need a tweak.

its hard to diagnose, really. :/
    Thanks ikalinin. The weird thing is that my TV can access the shared folders of my Blackberry over Wi-fi and I can setup a Wifi Direct between the devices. But when it comes to MIracast it simply won't work.

I will try clearing my devices' wifi network lists and re-connecting. If anyone has anything to add, please do

PS: The guest who posted the question is me; after that I decided to sign up
    09-07-14 03:24 AM
    Welcome to the forum.
    Did you resolve this issue?

Posted via CB10
    09-08-14 08:15 AM
    Way to connect on LG is to go in for settings on your tv while having the Miracast tab in wi-fi settings of your phone open. Then in tv settings go to Network and click on Miracast option and click on it.. When tv starts searching for a device do a Miracast device search on your phone and click it.. It will connect..

However.. I have noticed that while playing videos on tv through Miracast the audio is out of sync... I haven't found a solution for that yet.. I know for a fact tha that issue does not exist while using Asus Miracast dongle or on Samsung or Sony TVs...

P.S... also update your tv software if you can..

Posted via CB10
    09-08-14 08:24 AM
    Hi all,

No solution yet. The TV does not have a 'Miracast' option under Settings->Network which is very weird because it has a Miracast option under Screen Share.

The whole thing frustrating. On top of that, most online tutorials and videos are all based on a previous version of the LG web-os.
    Last edited by mihalios; 09-08-14 at 06:27 PM.
    09-08-14 03:28 PM
    Way to connect on LG is to go in for settings on your tv while having the Miracast tab in wi-fi settings of your phone open. Then in tv settings go to Network and click on Miracast option and click on it.. When tv starts searching for a device do a Miracast device search on your phone and click it.. It will connect..

However.. I have noticed that while playing videos on tv through Miracast the audio is out of sync... I haven't found a solution for that yet.. I know for a fact tha that issue does not exist while using Asus Miracast dongle or on Samsung or Sony TVs...

P.S... also update your tv software if you can..

Posted via CB10
    Thanks for this. I was wondering how to use Miracast on my LG tv. I'm able to open pictures and videos in the Smart TV but not stream from my Z30 to the LG. Hopefully this will do the trick
    09-17-14 12:26 PM