Is updating your BlackBerry's OS by downloading zip files/bar files from the internet safe? Because you find that the files from the internet have a larger/smaller size compared to the size of the OS that you are given when simply checking for updates in settings.. I would download the OS by simply clicking "Update" but my mobile carrier won't allow it, also WiFi is rare in these parts.. PLEASE ASSIST

Posted via CB10
    10-08-15 11:12 AM
    Safe for your BlackBerry device? Yes, since your device will not run an OS that has not been cryptographically signed by BlackBerry.

Safe for your PC? Less so. Carries the same risk as downloading any other random PC software off the Internet.
    raino likes this.
    10-08-15 11:47 AM
    Thank you.. now can you feed my knowledge by explaining what is Debrick, Core OS, Radio.. should I be installing all these?..to get BlackBerry OS 10.3.2.2424

Posted via CB10
    10-08-15 12:35 PM
    Thank you.. now can you feed my knowledge by explaining what is Debrick, Core OS, Radio.. should I be installing all these?..to get BlackBerry OS 10.3.2.2424
    To quote from one of Jaydee5799's posts:
    The Core OS is just the OS.
    The Debrick is the OS with all the apps as well, bbm, foursquare, bbve, languages, voice assistant etc. That's why the Debrick file is about 1.2GB in size.
    The radio is obviously just the software component that handles accessing the device's radio for making cell calls, data, wifi etc.

To install an OS for general use, just get an autoloader. See this thread for details.
    10-08-15 05:36 PM