i'd like to try and install apps from there,but when i launch the app it asks permission to access so many things:
    pictures,music,docs and other files stored on the device,at a remote storage provider,on a media card or in the cloud.
    also to the device current or saved location.

what do you think?
    08-04-18 05:04 PM
    what do you think?
    You're too paranoid. It's a preloaded app put there by BlackBerry intended to be used and overall has been in use by millions of people due to it also being available on Android, Amazon Fire devices, etc. It's not just some random app you downloaded and are placing blind faith in. On top of that, even if you do get over the permissions, accept them and move on, most of the apps likely won't work anyway unless they're all older versions. BlackBerry 10's Android Runtime is slowly degrading as apps get updated and time moves on.
    08-04-18 11:50 PM
    i'd like to try and install apps from there,but when i launch the app it asks permission to access so many things:
    pictures,music,docs and other files stored on the device,at a remote storage provider,on a media card or in the cloud.
    also to the device current or saved location.

what do you think?
    I don't use it. Install Yalp Store from F-Droid. It's the full google play store and you don't even need to have a google account to use it.

Also, opening those Amazon apps "activates" them. What I mean is that they don't appear in the Application settings until you click past their Persmission requests. If you do, then the app is able to run in the background, collecting data on your phone usage.

If you've already done this, then you can use Sachesi to "delete" the amazon apps. But once you reboot the phone, they will re-appear. That's fine because they will be back in their default - dormant state.

One way to remove the amazon apps from view is to use parental controls.
    08-05-18 08:23 AM