Can someone help me with the original 3 file download that it took for the BlackBerry Classic to be able to run Google playstore? Tried to do a total backup and of course that failed and then the bb locked up and no choice but to do a total reload of OS and lost everything
    11-16-20 11:15 AM
    Should be able to get them here https://cobalt232.github.io/playstore/

The issue many have is activation, as it is an older version of the Play store that's not supported. Google wants you to update, but Cobalt didn't hack the updated version.

Your going to be best served using Yalp from FDroid at this point.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    11-16-20 11:21 AM
    Can someone help me with the original 3 file download that it took for the BlackBerry Classic to be able to run Google playstore? Tried to do a total backup and of course that failed and then the bb locked up and no choice but to do a total reload of OS and lost everything
    No point with all that. Just use Yalp, a single file Google Play Store client.

https://f-droid.org/packages/com.git...kin.yalpstore/
    11-16-20 11:49 AM
    I can't find those files I need there. I guess I will have to plead being a dumbass. it looks like have to have the‎ Google appstore to read what you sent me. I need the com.google.gsf.login-4.4.4-. And the cobalt.blackberry.googleeid-2.8(1).apk and the com.google.android.gsf.login-4.3.3-cobalt. I found the empty directories in a old bb phone
    11-16-20 12:22 PM
    I can't find those files I need there. I guess I will have to plead being a dumbass. it looks like have to have the‎ Google appstore to read what you sent me. I need the com.google.gsf.login-4.4.4-. And the cobalt.blackberry.googleeid-2.8(1).apk and the com.google.android.gsf.login-4.3.3-cobalt. I found the empty directories in a old bb phone
    As I said above, there is no need for all of that anymore.

I'm not sure you why you would want two extra services occupying memory all the time.
    11-16-20 01:03 PM
    If you don't have and can't load up the playstore on your phone because you don't have the googleid files I'm looking for you certainly can't download anything from the playstore. The whole point of the matter is u have to fool the playstore into thinking u are a android phone to be able to download the playstore and some of its apps
    11-16-20 01:17 PM
    If you don't have and can't load up the playstore on your phone because you don't have the googleid files I'm looking for you certainly can't download anything from the playstore. The whole point of the matter is u have to fool the playstore into thinking u are a android phone to be able to download the playstore and some of its apps
    We understand how the old method operated. It's not the best method anymore. That's why @conite is recommending Yalp instead.
    11-16-20 01:23 PM
    That's where I'm at right now going over ALL the files on the site trying to find the files I need
    11-16-20 01:27 PM
    That's where I'm at right now going over ALL the files on the site trying to find the files I need
    I gave you the link to the only file you need.
    11-16-20 01:33 PM
    Sorry if the link I gave you didn't work.... my firewall limits access outside of a few markets, so I could check it..

That said.... your trying to beat a square peg into a round hole. Cobalt's solution worked if you had it already installed, but it's Google Services were badly outdated. Once you reloaded the OS, you can't activate it.

Yalp is a single file, that includes a newer (but not current) Play Store and Google Services... much more compatible with any Apps still compatible with the Android 4.3 Runtime in BB10.
    11-16-20 02:10 PM
    Yalp IS THE Google Play Store - just in a different form. Just install Yalp and use it as a front-end for the actual store. Nothing else is needed.
    11-16-20 02:20 PM
    Well I went and downloaded this F Droid thing but being able to download Google play services and the playstore and all the other things I need aren't happening for me
    11-16-20 02:56 PM
    Well I went and downloaded this F Droid thing but being able to download Google play services and the playstore and all the other things I need aren't happening for me

Should have been YALP that you downloaded and installed, was it? What things aren't happening for you.
    Can't install it?
    Set it up? Use your Google Account info.
    Can't find the Apps you want?
    Apps won't install?
    What version of BB10 did you install?

Sorry but SNAP and Cobalt's Solution are just not usable at this point.... you have to make YALP work, or face a hard truth.
    11-16-20 03:14 PM
    Well if I could make Yalp work I would but can't even find the files I need in this Yalp thing
    11-16-20 03:18 PM
    F-Droid is an open-source android app store that you don't really need but it contains Yalp (the Google Play Store front-end). You can just uninstall F-Droid if you don't want it. Just as a fyi, the android runtime in your BB10 device is so ancient that many (if not most) android apps will probably not work. If you were not aware, any app requiring >4.3 android will NOT work. You can check the requirements on each app info and if you see minimum above that 4.3 then don't even bother trying to install it.
    11-16-20 03:21 PM
    Look the Google services and playstore ran just fine ubtil the other day when I had to do a software reload then when I went to look for the cobalt files everyone says to go to this Yalp thing which to me is a big conglomerate of listings of programs and apk's that I have yet to find anything to do with what I need like the blackberry Google IF file and the Google play services and the playstore files. But everything did work correctly on my phone and it wasn't a issue at all and I was doing a total backup of the phone on blackberry link when it got to 82% and just locked up. Then I had to do the OS install with no backup to put back into the phone
    11-16-20 03:31 PM
    Look the Google services and playstore ran just fine ubtil the other day when I had to do a software reload then when I went to look for the cobalt files everyone says to go to this Yalp thing which to me is a big conglomerate of listings of programs and apk's that I have yet to find anything to do with what I need like the blackberry Google IF file and the Google play services and the playstore files. But everything did work correctly on my phone and it wasn't a issue at all and I was doing a total backup of the phone on blackberry link when it got to 82% and just locked up. Then I had to do the OS install with no backup to put back into the phone
    The webpage provides a single download link to Yalp. I fail to understand what issue you're having.

The separate issue regarding Play Services is another topic entirely. Very few apps will work with Cobalt's ancient modified version of Play Services, so there isn't much point of installing that whole stack.
    11-16-20 03:36 PM
    You need to log in to a Google account on the Yalp Store in order to search and download Android apk's
    11-16-20 03:41 PM
    No point with all that. Just use Yalp, a single file Google Play Store client.

https://f-droid.org/packages/com.git...kin.yalpstore/
    I have a question, if I use apps that downloaded from Yelp store, can I login with google account ? For example, I download Google maps then log-in with my google account . Thanks !

Poste via BlackBerry Passport SE 
    11-17-20 10:08 AM
    I have a question, if I use apps that downloaded from Yelp store, can I login with google account ? For example, I download Google maps then log-in with my google account . Thanks !

No you can't. Although there are very few apps you can still log into even with Cobalt's stack. His implementation is simply too ancient.
    11-17-20 10:37 AM
    No you can't. Although there are very few apps you can still log into even with Cobalt's stack. His implementation is simply too ancient.
    OK, thank you.

11-17-20 12:56 PM
    OK, thank you.

But if you want PlayStore on your Passport SE...I just really installed on my Passport SE...and works perfectly.

Here is the link with instructions and includes links to download what needed.

https://blackberryhelp.com/install-g...to-blackberry/
    11-17-20 03:22 PM
    Try this ....

Worked perfectly on my Passport SE

11-17-20 03:24 PM
    But if you want PlayStore on your Passport SE...I just really installed on my Passport SE...and works perfectly.

Here is the link with instructions and includes links to download what needed.

Try this ....

Worked perfectly on my Passport SE

The issue is that it doesn't provide anything more than Yalp for downloading apps from Play Store - but it keeps two processes constantly loaded in memory. Not to mention the Play Store app sets a number of triggers in the Android Runtime to wake and check for updates - wasting battery.
    11-17-20 03:29 PM
    The issue is that it doesn't provide anything more than Yalp for downloading apps from Play Store - but it keeps two processes constantly loaded in memory. Not to mention the Play Store app sets a number of triggers in the Android Runtime to wake and check for updates - wasting battery.
    OP was looking for PlayStore for his Passport SE. I installed in mine following the link I provided and works great. The battery drainage is minimal.

I personally prefer the added security of PlayStore than using Yalp.

That's my choice.
    11-17-20 03:52 PM
27 12