Just curious to know
    01-20-16 07:29 AM
    Anything but the Passport is a downgrade.
    The classic has a slow processor, a disappointment.
    Stick with Z30 if you can't afford a Passport.

Posted via BlackBerry Passport
    01-20-16 07:32 AM
    It depends on your needs. If you are only looking at a phone for communication and don't need lightning fast social media and other apps, the Classic could be considered an upgrade.

For me this move would be an upgrade because PKB is at the top of my needs list along with communication. I have no soc med or entertainment apps on my phone and it is perfect for what I need it to do.
    The tool belt has been a big plus for me as well.

Posted via CB10
    sonicpix likes this.
    01-20-16 10:32 AM
    Well in terms of specs, yes it is a downgrade.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by JamBueree; 01-22-16 at 05:51 PM.
    01-20-16 11:14 AM
    Well in terms of specs, yes it is.

Posted via CB10
    Are u sure
    01-21-16 06:32 PM

I don't want a passport because there's no tool belt and only has 3 rows of keys on the keyboard that's why I was going for the classic but I have a z30 and I want to know if its a downgrade or upgrade from the z30
    01-21-16 06:33 PM
    Well in terms of specs, yes it is.

Posted via CB10
    Yes it is what? It was an either-or question, not a yes-or-no question.

Posted via CB10
    01-21-16 06:36 PM
    Yes it is what? It was an either-or question, not a yes-or-no question.

Posted via CB10
    Yes it's a downgrade spec wise

Posted via CB10
    01-22-16 01:09 AM
    Yes it's a downgrade spec wise

Posted via CB10
    So I shouldn't get the classic and I should just stick with the z30
    01-22-16 12:00 PM
    So I shouldn't get the classic and I should just stick with the z30
    Passport> Z30 > Classic >= Q10 = Z10

Z30 uses a dual core accompanied with a quad gpu while Classic, Q10 and Z10 use the same dual core + 1 core gpu. ( I think it's 1) but anyway Z30 is 2nd best in terms of SoC specs.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.2876
    01-22-16 12:13 PM
    I think you already answered your own question in post #6.

The Classic is the only device with a tool belt so if a PKB is your preference go for it.

You may see some downgrade in in capabilities from your Z30 but it will largely depend on your use of device.....now if you were considering a PP I'd say GO for it! Love my Z30 but my PP is a workhorse.

Posted via CB10
    01-22-16 12:27 PM
    If you measure the value of a phone only on specs then you shouldn't really be buying a BlackBerry.
    01-22-16 12:31 PM
    If you measure the value of a phone only on specs then you shouldn't really be buying a BlackBerry.
    The truth!

Specs are not all that matter. The Classic is a great little device and for many things, I find it to be more efficient than any other BB10 device. It may not always load an app the fastest but I spend far more time reading and composing messages or looking for information on the Web than I spend loading apps.

To be completely honest, I don't never really found any of my BB10 devices to be sluggish. I have the Passport and, while I'm not saying that it's very nice and snappy, that is NOT the reason that I bought that device. The difference in specs does not affect the overall performance of the device (not in general, but specifically with BB10). If you already have a Z30, I highly doubt that you will think "God, my Z30 was way faster than this thing!" once you have your Classic in your hand.

The difference between on BB10 device to another is almost entirely a choice based on form (or at least it should be) because the performance difference isn't all that significant. The only exceptions being the battery of the Z10 and, yes, the Passport is definitely 'fastest' but none of the devices are all that slow to begin with.
    01-22-16 03:00 PM
    The truth!

Specs are not all that matter. The Classic is a great little device and for many things, I find it to be more efficient than any other BB10 device. It may not always load an app the fastest but I spend far more time reading and composing messages or looking for information on the Web than I spend loading apps.

To be completely honest, I don't never really found any of my BB10 devices to be sluggish. I have the Passport and, while I'm not saying that it's very nice and snappy, that is NOT the reason that I bought that device. The difference in specs does not affect the overall performance of the device (not in general, but specifically with BB10). If you already have a Z30, I highly doubt that you will think "God, my Z30 was way faster than this thing!" once you have your Classic in your hand.

The difference between on BB10 device to another is almost entirely a choice based on form (or at least it should be) because the performance difference isn't all that significant. The only exceptions being the battery of the Z10 and, yes, the Passport is definitely 'fastest' but none of the devices are all that slow to begin with.
    But logically answering the question, it's still a downgrade.

Posted via CB10
    01-22-16 05:53 PM
    But logically answering the question, it's still a downgrade.

Posted via CB10
    YOUR logic. Not everyone's.

up�grade
    verb
    raise (something) to a higher standard, in particular improve (equipment or machinery) by adding or replacing components.

By definition, the Classic could still easily be considered an upgrade depending on what features the user values.
    01-23-16 12:48 AM
    YOUR logic. Not everyone's.

up�grade
    verb
    raise (something) to a higher standard, in particular improve (equipment or machinery) by adding or replacing components.

By definition, the Classic could still easily be considered an upgrade depending on what features the user values.
    Okay, professor.

Posted via  Z30 STA100-2 | 10.3.2.2339
    01-23-16 07:29 AM

why is the Passport better?
    01-23-16 07:39 AM
    I have a Z30 and tried the Classic due to the PKB and the toolbelt (and nostalgia from the Bold days). But I found that I like the larger screen on the Z30 so you can see more entries in the Hub, and I have learned to type about the same on the VKB. I did not notice any speed differences whatsoever.

But I returned the Classic and stayed with my Z30.
    01-23-16 07:44 AM
    Okay, professor.

Posted via  Z30 STA100-2 | 10.3.2.2339
    Please... "Mr. Professor"

01-23-16 02:21 PM