Two days ago my classic froze while I was typing an email , I couldn't do anything with the phone including touring it off, after an hour like this the phone rebooted itself much to my relief, unfortunately it did the same again while trying different apps 3 times after that I decided to do a security wipe and hoped that would sort the problem , how wrong I was here I am now still waiting for the phone to finish its security wipe it will get to around 96 per cent then switch off and start again, anyone have any ideas I love this phone and the thought of having to say goodbye to it doesn't fill me with any kind of joy.Classic rebooting issues-img_2040.jpg
    05-24-17 03:18 AM
    My classic took seven days to complete a factory reset!!! Absolutely ridiculous!

I think you'll find it's not actually stopped at a certain percentage as much as still clunking on.

My suggestion is to just keep it plugged in to the charger and leave it be till it finishes.

It's an absolute pain, cos in the meantime you haven't got use of your phone!!!
    05-24-17 04:55 AM
    7 days? God that's crazy! Why on earth should a security wipe take that long it's insane, yeah I'm having to use my old windows phone as a stand by at the moment as I've sold the other blackberrys I had stupidly thinking my classic would continue to chug along till the end of time, fingers crossed it won't take as long as yours and hopefully it will be up and running soon
    05-24-17 07:51 AM
    Autoloader is the other way to go about sorting out the OS.
    jamesharmeling likes this.
    05-24-17 03:51 PM
    7 days? God that's crazy! Why on earth should a security wipe take that long it's insane, yeah I'm having to use my old windows phone as a stand by at the moment as I've sold the other blackberrys I had stupidly thinking my classic would continue to chug along till the end of time, fingers crossed it won't take as long as yours and hopefully it will be up and running soon
    well it's gone from rebooting to whatever has happened now? How do I reload the software on to it?
    05-25-17 03:02 AM
    Here's the autoloader info:

bb10 autoloader

http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-le...oloader-927076

http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-leaked-beta-os-f395

From memory the classic is the same autoloader as the z30, but check.

Post back if that sorts it. 😀
    jamesharmeling likes this.
    05-25-17 03:12 AM
    Thanks for all your help , I tried the advice offered here and my phone died completely? I've just bought a replacement from eBay but I'm still hopefully I can somehow breath life back into my classic .
    05-28-17 02:06 PM
    Glad to be back!Classic rebooting issues-18349.jpg
    06-02-17 01:57 PM
    Is this your original phone or the one you just bought?
    06-02-17 03:34 PM
    Is this your original phone or the one you just bought?
    Sorry for the late reply,no I bought this one for £31 from eBay, unfortunately my classic is totally dead.
    06-04-17 11:27 AM