Hi I have a z10 and I am really wanting a blackberry with a keyboard. But I don't know witch one to get. I have read and watched videos about the two but I am still unsure about it.

Posted via CB10
    02-23-15 02:20 PM
    Classic if you prefer one-handed use and can live with hardware performance similar to your current device. If you're primarily using two hands for the device, want the latest specs, and will do more media consumption to go along with messaging, then the Passport is the way to go.

Posted via CB10
    02-23-15 02:23 PM
    If you really want a keyboard, then the classic is probably better for you since it has a full keyboard.

But on the other hand, the transition from a z10 would be easier with a passport because of the bigger screen.

So here are the advantages of each:

Classic:
    -full keyboard
    -trackpad
    -more comfortable in hand than passport
    -one handed use

Passport:
    -bigger screen
    -more ram
    -more storage
    -more mp camera (although it takes longer than the classic to focus)
    -Better battery
    -touch sensitive keyboard (useful for keeping screen clean)

Posted via CB10
    02-23-15 02:25 PM
    It sounds like the passport is way better

Posted via CB10
    02-23-15 02:27 PM
    The two devices are very different overall. For my use the Z30 tops them both. In my hands and for my uses the Passport size is too big. The Classic is one very fine device but giving up the screen size was tough for me. The best way to decide for yourself may be to try both phones. In a trial of the Classic I lasted only a week before returning to the touchscreen device. But different strokes for different folks.
    Avenzuno likes this.
    02-23-15 02:46 PM
    I have used Z10, then went to Q10 and now use the Passport as my main phone.

I would go for the passport (having checked out the classic). Below a brief assessment. At the end of the day it is all about what you need from your phone as a whole. So it is really a personal choice. just hope the below comments help you contextualise a bit over the phone based on your needs, at least it is my really superficial overview on my passport experience and why I went for the passport (plus I still have the Q10 for the times I want a more compact phone with me)

I saw the classic in the shop as well before I bought the passport. The classic is definitely better than the Q10 (bigger screen slightly) and faster. Keyboard is 4 row and you have the tool belt with the touch pad. If the tool belt is what you are looking for, go for the classic.

Nonetheless, I personally find the passport to be much better. Even though I had my reservations regarding how the keyboard combo of phk+vk would work and that in the beginning the 3 row phkb seemed "weird", it only took me a couple of days to get used to it and within the first week I was flying on it. It is indeed very well thought of and applied. Also, the touch sensitive phkb for scrolling and flicking words is great, as well as one swipe down to bring up the vkb (mapped on the phkb if you only want one entry), you hit on the mapped key and the vkb disappears or tap on the vk and keep entering symbols. Honestly it packs more power in productivity.

if you tie to this the battery power and the really important screen size and design for reading and composing docs, excels and Web content, then the passport is your friend (plus it all points towards passport being snappier -but on this I cannot really comment since I have not had that much time with the classic).

The last factor is size. I have medium to small hands and still adore the passport.

Posted via CB10
    02-23-15 03:00 PM
    Okay I think I am most defiantly leading towards the passport. But I will have to try both. I think the passport is a much more attractive device. It looks different and doesn't just look like your regular BlackBerry device. But I think the classic just based on what I have heard read and seen is a much slower device. Personally I think it is slower then my z10.

Posted via CB10
    02-23-15 08:50 PM