Does anyone know why Citrix for the playbook is not available and would you know where to go to sideload a working copy?

Posted via CB10
    07-05-15 06:13 AM
    As I recall, Citrix for my PB worked but since the last PB OS update, it stopped and so did the support from Citrix. I've not sideloaded any since I have the playbook 2.0....Passport
    07-05-15 11:14 AM
    I'm in the same boat. Interestingly, when I Google "Citrix Playbook" using the Playbook browser, I find the page still up in Blackberry World. I click to open the site, and it opens Blackberry World, showing a still-available copy. But it says "This item is not supported by your current device profile." What the heck? I used Playbook w/ OS 2.0 and it worked fine in January 2015...

Did you ever find a solution? I'd love the real native Citrix app (though perhaps it's just a repackaged APK anyhow)...
    08-13-15 09:52 AM
    Replying to my own post here. I wrote to Citrix, and had an extended discussion with them. The conclusion (predictably): the Playbook is an old operating system and is not supported, but BB10 is. I asked if they'd post the BAR file, as they have done for other legacy clients (Google "APK Citrix" and you'll find Citrix's own page of clients; clicking "Older versions" under Android shows directly downloadable APKs). They offered no reply except that the Playbook was no longer supported...

Googling "Citrix Playbook For administrators, the download package can be downloaded below" will show the Citrix Korea page for Playbook, with a download link to the BAR file. But you can't actually download that file.

So it looks like the end of the line for Playbook + Citrix unless someone out there has a working BAR file.
    08-19-15 10:25 AM