I have a BlackBerry Q10 and it's starting to give me problems and since BlackBerry is not going to make any more BlackBerrys, I might as well start shopping for another that is as simple to use as the Berry has been. I use the Calendar for my profession daily to book appointments for my clients using Google. I've seen clients with their IPHONES trying to use their Calendar and there are way too many steps in using it unlike the Q10. I was looking at the Samsung S7 and was wondering if this would be a better way to go. I mostly use the phone, email and text to communicate with my clients to book appointments, so the fewer steps to do this is very important to me.
    I'm hoping someone here has gone through this and is able to give me some pointers. I've been dreading this for a long time; not easy to leave BlackBerry!!

Sent from ar�ie's  Q10 
    05-10-16 06:55 PM
    You could look at the Priv.
    05-10-16 06:58 PM
    You could look at the Priv.
    That was an option that I forgot to mention, thank you.

05-10-16 08:59 PM
    Second the motion....buy a Priv

Posted via CB10
    05-10-16 09:05 PM
    My wife has the Priv and loves it. I love my Passport.

Posted via CB10
    05-10-16 09:10 PM
    If you don't urgently need to replace device it may be interesting to see what BlackBerry has to offer with the reported two new BlackBerry android devices which are to be released later this year.

Posted via CB10
    05-10-16 09:27 PM
    I know that the Priv would be the most logical move and since Sprint won't be offering it that means after 12 years with them I'd have to leave them.
    Thank you for your help.

05-10-16 09:29 PM
    If you don't urgently need to replace device it may be interesting to see what BlackBerry has to offer with the reported two new BlackBerry android devices which are to be released later this year.

Posted via CB10
    It's still working but it is beginning to lag especially when I open the Calendar and tends to reboot by itself. That's why I'm researching my options.
    Thank you.

Lusitano17 likes this.
    05-10-16 09:33 PM
    I would look for a z30 if you don't care about the keyboard. Absolutely love mine. You can buy one cheap these days. Awesome phone

Posted via CB10
    05-10-16 11:12 PM
    something that you need to decide is if you want to spend money in bb10 or not... because if bb10 is working for you, maybe a classic or a passport now that they are cheaper would keep you up and running in a familiar place...but, if bb10 is out of the question, then yes, take a look at the priv or wait for the other releases if you are willing to wait... the thing about android is that you will have a thousands + 1 options in the app store so you should be able to find one calendar app that you like...
    05-10-16 11:29 PM
    Thank you.

05-10-16 11:35 PM
    Why Priv? S7 edge is much better than Priv. Buy an S7 and install BlackBerry android apps for Priv on to your S7 and enjoy a better phone.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by jevinzac; 05-11-16 at 01:03 AM.
    05-10-16 11:41 PM
    Why Priv? S7 edges is much better than Priv. Buy an S7 and install BlackBerry android apps for Priv on to your S7 and enjoy a better phone.

Posted via CB10
    You can do that?
    Thanks.

05-11-16 12:47 AM
    You can do that?
    Thanks.

Yup, and it's very easy.

Posted via CB10
    05-11-16 01:03 AM
    I have a BlackBerry Q10 and it's starting to give me problems and since BlackBerry is not going to make any more BlackBerrys, I might as well start shopping for another that is as simple to use as the Berry has been. I use the Calendar for my profession daily to book appointments for my clients using Google. I've seen clients with their IPHONES trying to use their Calendar and there are way too many steps in using it unlike the Q10. I was looking at the Samsung S7 and was wondering if this would be a better way to go. I mostly use the phone, email and text to communicate with my clients to book appointments, so the fewer steps to do this is very important to me.
    I'm hoping someone here has gone through this and is able to give me some pointers. I've been dreading this for a long time; not easy to leave BlackBerry!!

Frankly, if you don't need the apps, then you should simply go in for the BlackBerry Classic. It is a little bigger but better than the Q10 in terms of the keyboard and the tool belt. Also, if BlackBerry Passport suits your needs, nothing like it. BlackBerry has some great offers going on at the moment.

I suggested the above only because you haven't mentioned apps anywhere.

Posted via BlackBerry Z30
    05-11-16 04:02 AM
    Frankly, if you don't need the apps, then you should simply go in for the BlackBerry Classic. It is a little bigger but better than the Q10 in terms of the keyboard and the tool belt. Also, if BlackBerry Passport suits your needs, nothing like it. BlackBerry has some great offers going on at the moment.

I suggested the above only because you haven't mentioned apps anywhere.

Classic is in no way, an upgrade to the Q10, it's actually slower than the Q10, because it's processor has to power a large screen plus the tool belt. So a Classic is a bit slower to do the same thing compared to a Q10.
    BlackBerry Passport is on another level, it's the best phone I've ever used and the keypad is just awesome, I hate the Q10 keypad now. Even though he has not mentioned any apps, Facebook and WhatsApp will eventually stop working on BlackBerry 10 OS. Rest of the apps will soon follow.

Posted via CB10
    anon(7915689) likes this.
    05-11-16 04:10 AM
    saying that the S7 is a better phone is relative (don't want to start a fight over which phone is better, just a comment about how relative "better" is)... for instance, if the money isn't an issue, have you seen the htc 10? Man, that phone is nice... regarding BlackBerry suit running in another android, I have read that the performance varies, for some is good and for some others is buggy

Why Priv? S7 edge is much better than Priv. Buy an S7 and install BlackBerry android apps for Priv on to your S7 and enjoy a better phone.

Posted via CB10
    Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    Uzi likes this.
    05-11-16 07:26 AM
    I completely agree that there might be applications which will give up on the BlackBerry 10 OS.

But the fact remains that Facebook and WhatsApp Are just applications. Yes, millions use it. But there are also billions who don't.

I don't use Facebook myself.

And anyways, people tend to carry 2 phones. As a primary driver, nothing comes close to a BlackBerry.

Lets not jump the gun by stating that apps will leave BlackBerry 10. We have at least a year before BlackBerry themselves make a decision. Till then, let us enjoy the fine OS.

05-11-16 08:17 AM
    saying that the S7 is a better phone is relative (don't want to start a fight over which phone is better, just a comment about how relative "better" is)... for instance, if the money isn't an issue, have you seen the htc 10? Man, that phone is nice... regarding BlackBerry suit running in another android, I have read that the performance varies, for some is good and for some others is buggy

S7 edge is a better phone overall, better chipset, better display, better camera, better customer care support, smaller footprint...
    Yeah HTC 10 is awesome, but is it released yet?
    Naah I have installed it on multiple phones, from $80-200 price ranged android phones, all works smoothly. And if you go through the threads about those, you can see there's nothing wrong with it.

Posted via CB10
    05-11-16 02:06 PM
    sorry, my bad, I did not see the better physical kb of the S7 compared to the cramped one of the PRIV... see my point about how "better" is relative to an individual opinion/use? There are thousands of threads regarding this old fight, let's see what better fits the OP...

S7 edge is a better phone overall, better chipset, better display, better camera, better customer care support, smaller footprint...
    Yeah HTC 10 is awesome, but is it released yet?
    Naah I have installed it on multiple phones, from $80-200 price ranged android phones, all works smoothly. And if you go through the threads about those, you can see there's nothing wrong with it.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by gallopiton; 05-11-16 at 05:16 PM.
    05-11-16 02:41 PM
    sorry, my bad, I did not see the better physical kb of the S7 compared to the cramped one of the PRIV... see my point about how "better" is relative to an individual opinion/use? They are thousands of threads regarding this old fight, let's see what better fits the OP...

I don't know why you say this is a fight? Are you getting hurt when I say something bad about Priv? If OP wants physical keypad, his only option is the Priv. And I don't know what you meant by ("better" is relative to an individual opinion/use). How can the camera be better depending on the user? How can the CPU/GPU be better depending on the user? Same for customer care and the Display. Samsung S7 edge has the best camera powered by the fastest mobile processor with the best display on a smartphone yet! Should I say anything about BlackBerry customer service?
    There's only one thing that can validate your claim, that is the price, but it's useless here because both costs the same. If Priv was $200 cheaper, then, what you said can make little sense!

Posted via CB10
    05-11-16 04:48 PM
    I mean, it's a freaking phone, I don't even know you, how in earth can you offend me? Seriously sir, grow up... have a great day!

I don't know why you say this is a fight? Are you getting hurt when I say something bad about Priv?

Posted via CB10
    05-11-16 05:19 PM
    Thank you all for your input, it does help when someone has had experience with these phones instead of having a phone pushed at a store. I didn't mention apps because the ones I use on my Q10 are offered on the rest: Bible, translators etc.
    Like I said I mostly use it for business.

05-11-16 05:25 PM
    so, at the end, is the physical kb important? Is staying in bb10 an option? Because if it works for you, why don't you try a passport? It's a great phone but not for everyone due to its size...

Thank you all for your input, it does help when someone has had experience with these phones instead of having a phone pushed at a store. I didn't mention apps because the ones I use on my Q10 are offered on the rest: Bible, translators etc.
    Like I said I mostly use it for business.

05-11-16 05:34 PM
    so, at the end, is the physical kb important? Is staying in bb10 an option? Because if it works for you, why don't you try a passport? It's a great phone but not for everyone due to its size...

As far as kb, I can get use to anything as long it is simple and fast to book appointments using the Calendar as I stated in the beginning.

05-11-16 05:42 PM
30 12