Hello,

I have a PRIV with Android 6.0.1 and trying to change the device name that shows up in "Connected Devices" in the router's WLAN list. ie. the "android-egdf6ace1c1fce49". I have gone into the Bluetooth settings and changed the name there, but still shows the android name with random numbers and letters. I have also tried changing the name in " Mobile Hotspot" with no luck. Any more ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Mark
    04-15-17 04:51 PM
    I have a Samsung Galaxy J3V as a 2nd phone for apps, not sure how relatable it will be, but try going to Settings, under System settings find "About phone" and should see "Phone name" where you can click on it and change the device name.

Let us know if this works.

Posted with my  Classic
    Heavens1 likes this.
    04-15-17 08:29 PM
    I thought this interesting, so I looked to see if I could do it, but don't think so :
    Attached Thumbnails Change device name on Wireless network.-14244.jpg  
    04-15-17 09:23 PM
    In Status you can't change anything, nor under Sim Status.
    04-15-17 09:25 PM
    Swipe down settings , select Bluetooth, hit the three dots in the top right corner , and select rename device. If you wish to change your BlackBerry name
    Heavens1 likes this.
    04-15-17 09:38 PM
    To change the device name that you are connecting too and is already found , settings , Bluetooth click on the scroll wheel and change name
    Heavens1 likes this.
    04-15-17 09:40 PM
    Hello,

I have a PRIV with Android 6.0.1 and trying to change the device name that shows up in "Connected Devices" in the router's WLAN list. ie. the "android-egdf6ace1c1fce49". I have gone into the Bluetooth settings and changed the name there, but still shows the android name with random numbers and letters. I have also tried changing the name in " Mobile Hotspot" with no luck. Any more ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Mark
    Where are you seeing the "Connected Devices" for your router WLAN List? From you phone or on your PC?
    04-16-17 12:09 AM
    Where are you seeing the "Connected Devices" for your router WLAN List? From you phone or on your PC?
    From my computer.
    04-26-17 08:42 AM
    I have a Samsung Galaxy J3V as a 2nd phone for apps, not sure how relatable it will be, but try going to Settings, under System settings find "About phone" and should see "Phone name" where you can click on it and change the device name.

Let us know if this works.

Posted with my  Classic
    Unfortunately, there is no "Phone Name" or anything like that in the menu.
    04-26-17 08:48 AM