Hello all,

Device: Blackberry Curve 9360
    Steps taken: Called new cellular service. Soft/hard resets.
    Error Messages: Your device had a problem connecting to the server
    Update cannot continue. Update using Blackberry Desktop Manager on your computer

My question is two fold. Firstly, I recently changed over to Consumer Cellular from ATT. I am able to make phone calls and use SMS, but can't access e-mail or internet. When I turn on Wi-Fi, I can access internet but still not e-mail. The error message I keep receiving when I go into E-mail Account Management is 'Your device had a problem connecting to the server.' I called CC and they said something about adding APN settings. I found a section under TCP/IP, but it only has options to add the APN name, then username/pw. Nothing for the MMSC, MMS Proxy, MMS Port, APN type, etc. So with that all being said, I am unsure of how to go about getting email and connecting to the internet on the CC network.

My second question deals with updating my phone. It says there is an available update (7.1.0). I try to do it from my device, but it says to use desktop manager. I use desktop manager and it says there is no available updates.

I appreciate any and all of your help in advance. This is my first post on here so I apologize if I left out any needed information to begin with.
    10-10-17 04:07 PM
    BlackBerry phones on BBOS 7 were designed for use with a BlackBerry BIS account which many carriers no longer support.

You can still use email without BIS on WiFi by installing LogicMail from BlackBerry World.
    zephyr613 likes this.
    10-10-17 10:09 PM
    Consumer Cellular, like most MVNO's which essentially 'borrow' network space from the larger carriers, doesn't support the BlackBerry Internet Services (BIS) that your Curve needs to connect to the internet over the mobile network. BlackBerry charges carriers for the BIS infrastructure and most of the smaller carriers have no desire to pay for a service that almost none of their customers use. Your only options to continue using the Curve are to only get data from wifi and to use a third-party app like Logic Mail for email, or to go back to AT&T.

It's possible that the update isn't being seen by the Desktop Manager due to some confusion with the carrier support. Try taking the SIM out of the phone and then connect it to your computer and see if Desktop Manager will allow you to install the update. There may be a few files in the folders for the Desktop Manager that you need to delete to get it all to work correctly, but it's been so long since I've had a BBOS device that I've forgotten most of the workarounds.
    zephyr613 likes this.
    10-11-17 11:54 AM
    Thank you both for your replies. I am currently trying to get Logic Mail operational.

I did want to add this. Consumer Cellular sent me this information in order to try to get the data working properly:

Name: CC LTE
    Proxy port: Blank or Not Set
    Proxy push: Enabled or None
    Authentication type: None, or Not Set
    Username: <Blank>
    Password: <Blank>
    APN: ccdata
    MMSC : http://mmsc.mobile.att.net
    MMS Proxy: proxy.mobile.att.net
    MMS Port: 80
    APN Type: default,supl,mms or default,mms,agps,supl,fota

I was curious if there was anywhere to input this information on the Curve.

Once again thank you, and any additional information on the subject is appreciated!
    Last edited by shifty4; 10-11-17 at 05:29 PM.
    10-11-17 03:23 PM