I am unable to cast or screen mirror my BlackBerry key2 to the TCL samsung smart TV we have. I used an app for six months which worked great- now almost all videos through the screen cast app have no sound. (Mostly m38u format). I cannot get the phone to directly cast and I can't find an app to fix this problem. The phone and tv are on the same Wi-Fi frequency but they have some small differences in their IP address and MAC settings (This is probably normal but trying to grasp at straws) When I click cast it searches and searches for a device. It never finds one. When I go to settings I can see my TV and a bunch of the neighbor's devices. When I click on my TV it is unable to connect and the cast icon just shuts itself off. My TV is listed as a peer device on my phone under Wi Fi preferences and my blackberry is listed as a device to always allow casting on the TV but they won't communicate. I would greatly appreciate any suggestions. I have tried rebooting a few times. YouTube is able to direct cast from the phone to the television. I am open to a Chromecast or similar device if that is the best way to go. I really miss being able to use the casting function. I am pretty technology impaired so I could use some help. Thanks for listening.
    02-16-21 07:27 PM
    I am unable to cast or screen mirror my BlackBerry key2 to the TCL samsung smart TV we have. I used an app for six months which worked great- now almost all videos through the screen cast app have no sound. (Mostly m38u format). I cannot get the phone to directly cast and I can't find an app to fix this problem. The phone and tv are on the same Wi-Fi frequency but they have some small differences in their IP address and MAC settings (This is probably normal but trying to grasp at straws) When I click cast it searches and searches for a device. It never finds one. When I go to settings I can see my TV and a bunch of the neighbor's devices. When I click on my TV it is unable to connect and the cast icon just shuts itself off. My TV is listed as a peer device on my phone under Wi Fi preferences and my blackberry is listed as a device to always allow casting on the TV but they won't communicate. I would greatly appreciate any suggestions. I have tried rebooting a few times. YouTube is able to direct cast from the phone to the television. I am open to a Chromecast or similar device if that is the best way to go. I really miss being able to use the casting function. I am pretty technology impaired so I could use some help. Thanks for listening.
    I'd try a Chromecast. I've never had an issue.
    02-17-21 07:44 AM
    Is it a TCL or a Samsung TV?

Have you checked the TV's own setting to make sure casting is enabled. One of my TV's a Vizio, was working fine... then an update turned off AirPlay for some reason. Just had to reenable it and pair my phone again.

I'd start with the APP that matches whatever TV you have.... get it to pair with your TV. Once that is done, casting should work fine. If not try a factory reset on the TV and try pairing your phone again.

As for using another device... I think I prefer Fire TV over Chromecast. But that's more me leaning towards Amazon's ecosystem and away from Google's. Their issues with NEST and how closed they have made that platform has me not liking Google for "smart home" features.
    02-17-21 08:29 AM
    I am open to a Chromecast or similar device if that is the best way to go.
    Honestly just easier to pick up a Google TV with Chromecast. Chances are what you're streaming, there is an app for the Google TV with Chromecast, you can remove the phone from the equation and have a better experience. And if you REALLY don't want to remove the phone because the app you're using requires it, I get that because the WebCaster app I use needs it, well you don't have to. It will work with the Google TV with Chromecast anyway.
    02-17-21 06:43 PM
    I used to cast/throw/mirror NBA streams from my key2 to My Samsung smart tv. it worked for a while when I got the phone. then, it would be extremely laggy and unwatchable.

then I got a chromecast, and it's much much better. then, I got a 4k first stick, and use the Internet app and it's even better!
    02-17-21 08:24 PM
    I'm sure this issue could be solved with one of these 5 things, you can choose whichever you like or is possible in your case.
    1. SmartView app
    2. AirPlay 2
    3. SmartThings
    4. HDMI adapter
    5. lastly, Quick Connect.

You can always learn in detail how to use all or any of this method listed here -. I'm pretty sure any of these methods might work for you.
    11-25-22 11:18 PM
    I'm sure this issue could be solved with one of these 5 things, you can choose whichever you like or is possible in your case.
    1. SmartView app
    2. AirPlay 2
    3. SmartThings
    4. HDMI adapter
    5. lastly, Quick Connect.

You can always learn in detail how to use all or any of this method listed here -. I'm pretty sure any of these methods might work for you.
    Thanks.
    11-26-22 03:57 PM