Hello all,

Background:
    I used to be a Bell Mobility customer with a bell.blackberry.net email address. I used that email address to sign up for a website. I have since lost the password for that website. It is of vital importance that I regain access to that website, but the website is adamant that it will not allow me access unless I can receive the password recovery email. That email will, of course, go to the bell.blackberry.net email address that I no longer have.

The rest of the story:
    I have contacted Bell and attempted to simply see if I can reactivate my old account. That is apparently not possible, but I was told that I can talk to tech support after creating a new account and getting set up. Because it really is of vital importance to me that I regain access to my account at the website mentioned, I signed up with Bell anyway, not knowing whether I'd be able to get the email account back.

However, I haven't been able to add *any* email address, or get any useful answers from anyone at Bell. On the old BB that I first tried with, a Bold 9700, the "Email Setup Application" won't open. Assuming that something was wrong with this very old BB, I went and picked up a used Bold 9900, still old, but not as, and tried that. Same issue. Bell has no idea what to do, and in fact, it seems like nobody there really even has an idea what I'm talking about. Has BIS become that much of a niche thing that a top mobility company doesn't have anyone versed in it? Does Bell still use BIS? The website is still up at bell.blackberry.com.

Anyway, with nobody able to help me at Bell, they gave me the number for Blackberry support. But it appears that I need a "customer number" to get help with Blackberry, which I don't have.

So, my questions are:

a) Is there something wrong with my account that the people at Bell don't understand that is preventing the Email Setup Application from working, and if so, how do I fix it?

b) Is it even possible for me to regain access to my old bell.blackberry.net email address after having closed my account and abandoning the email? Sending an email to it gets a response that it doesn't exist or is unable to accept email.

This has been a very frustrating couple days, and it is causing me immense anxiety because I really do need access to the website that I signed up to using that bell.blackberry.com email address.

Any help at all will be hugely appreciated.

Thanks.
    02-11-19 05:31 PM
    Take a look at this article: https://crackberry.com/blackberry-of...email-accounts

In short, in Feb 2013, the demise of the BlackBerry.net email accounts was announced, with a 1 year grace period of forwarding. I expect that the servers housing the accounts are decommissioned, leaving no access. I'm afraid you will not be able to access that account.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    02-11-19 06:40 PM
    This is terrible news for me, but I will have to adjust. Thank you very much for the information.
    02-11-19 06:54 PM
    This is terrible news for me, but I will have to adjust. Thank you very much for the information.
    Hey Truck,

If you like I'd be happy to help you try to recover access to the site you mentioned. I find it difficult to believe that they will not grant you a password reset except to an e-mail address which no longer exists. I have some legal experience dealing with sites like this as well as technical IT consulting experience, so while I can't make any promises I'm happy to assist if I can.
    02-12-19 01:54 PM
    Hey Truck,

If you like I'd be happy to help you try to recover access to the site you mentioned. I find it difficult to believe that they will not grant you a password reset except to an e-mail address which no longer exists. I have some legal experience dealing with sites like this as well as technical IT consulting experience, so while I can't make any promises I'm happy to assist if I can.
    The entire blackberry.net infrastructure was shuttered 5 years ago - AFTER a full 1 year grace period.
    02-12-19 02:02 PM
    The entire blackberry.net infrastructure was shuttered 5 years ago - AFTER a full 1 year grace period.
    For conite's and anyone else's clarification--I was referring to the original site Truck mentioned which is linked to the blackberry.net e-mail, not the bell.blackberry.net e-mail address itself.
    02-12-19 02:24 PM