BB10 BBM clients can't see group images if sent by Android clients .

This happened after the last Android BBM update. However, I think the problem is on the server side; it looks as Emtek is blocking image access on their servers. They won't answer this question through their support.

Does anyone know anything about this? It could be part of this split of BBM services, but the sneaky way they go about it is stupid.
    01-22-18 01:28 PM
    I doubt they're actively blocking it. A more reasonable explanation is the BB10 BBM team has no idea what the Emtek BBM team is even doing so they have no integration of the new settings and options. It's something that's likely going to continue as well as new things get added on the Emtek side and the BB10 side continues to be untouched/unimproved.
    01-22-18 02:21 PM
    That was my initial thought (incompetence rather than malice), but the problem with that is somebody in Emtek went to the trouble of putting a link which invites people to upgrade from BlackBerry BBM to Android BBM instead of showing the picture.

This implies they know they broke it, but don't care, or somehow think they'll get more users this way.

Blackberry BBM team most likely does not have control over this as presumably the servers hosting group images are now different. I'll ask.
    01-25-18 01:11 PM
    BBM on BlackBerry 10 doesn't support in-line picture posting. All it can do is give a best guess that you're using an older version of the application. Like Bla1ze said, this is just the beginning of more changes we'll see that make BBM on BlackBerry operating systems less usable.

Posted via CB10
    01-29-18 09:11 AM
    BBM on BlackBerry 10 doesn't support in-line picture posting. All it can do is give a best guess that you're using an older version of the application.
    What do you mean by 'inline picture posting'? Of course I can post the pic with the message and I can see the pics sent by BB10 clients. I can't see pics sent by Android clients, but was able to before Emtek update.
    02-15-18 02:50 AM
    I'm having the same problem with a group that has 4 Android BBM users only. None of us can see the pictures that others upload.
    06-09-18 01:05 AM
    This started a few months ago, with one of the BBM updates. Android phones which installed the update send group pictures that BB10 users can no longer see.

However, there are workarounds. Ask the poster to send the pictures to you in an individual chat - then you'll be able to see them.

Also, the latest Android (and maybe iPhone too) BBM update lets you send to both a group and to individuals at the same time. So the Android users in your group should be able to share their pictures with you at the same time they post to the group.

Typed on my Q10, SQN100-2, 10.3.2.2813
    06-09-18 04:40 PM
    Thanks for the suggestion and confirmation it's not just me.
    06-10-18 12:22 AM
    I'm having this same problem. A user with Android BBM is trying to send pictures to a group of Android BBM / iOS BBM users. The pictures appear as blurry / low resolution. Tapping on the picture in an attempt to load a hi-res version brings up a spinner for a few seconds, but no hi-res picture.

Also, the latest Android (and maybe iPhone too) BBM update lets you send to both a group and to individuals at the same time. So the Android users in your group should be able to share their pictures with you at the same time they post to the group.
    How does one send photos to the group and individuals at the same time? My version of BBM is 3.3.15.207 and I don't see an option to do this.
    06-12-18 10:22 AM
    I don't really know, because I don't have an Android device to test it with yet. Check for BBM updates, as I think it's a fairly new feature for Android and iPhone only.

How does one send photos to the group and individuals at the same time? My version of BBM is 3.3.15.207 and I don't see an option to do this.

Typed on my Q10, SQN100-2, 10.3.2.2813
    06-12-18 01:54 PM