Ok, let me start by stating I have had/Beta tested almost EVERY single Blackberry model since the 850/957 days. I would always enjoy "bricking" my phone on Friday's (back in the old days that's when Beta's and Leaks came out) and have always added themes and customization galore on every singe BB device I have owned or used - HOWEVER, I am at a complete loss as to what is going on with my Z10.

1 - I am running the latest VZW pushed OS - 10.2.1.3253 - only change I made was to add the Porsche Clock bar back in.
    2 - I have wanted to change my Home Screen Wall paper for ages but am running into the following issue:

When I try to change wallpaper through "settings>display" I DO see the "select wallpaper" button and it does bring me to the wallpapers located in :device/protected_media/wallpaper" but when I select any one of them, the screen just reverts back to the "settings>display" without changing the wallpaper.

Next, I have navigated to my SD card (using both File Manager and Ghost Commander) and selected any number of assorted pictures that I have, and then his the "Set As" selection in the overflow, and below is what I see -I can only "set as" for BBM Picture/Contact Picture/LinkedIn as seen in below screen shot.

Cant Change Wallpaper on STL100-4  Running 10.2.1.3253-img_20140509_174252.png
    Yes I have checked and access to shared files is "on" and I am getting increasingly frustrated.Maybe its because I am old, maybe not as old a Slff, but old nonetheless..

Any Help or thoughts? BTW, I absolutley HATE the new Crackberry website, sorry. Just miss the old one where I could find things within a minute .. Why can't I choose which sub forum to place this post in, why should it be in the "Ask a Question" section..

WOW....

Thnks
    Last edited by zephyr613; 08-01-14 at 03:57 PM.
    08-01-14 03:38 PM
    Ok, let me start by stating I have had/Beta tested almost EVERY single Blackberry model since the 850/957 days. I would always enjoy "bricking" my phone on Friday's (back in the old days that's when Beta's and Leaks came out) and have always added themes and customization galore on every singe BB device I have owned or used - HOWEVER, I am at a complete loss as to what is going on with my Z10.

1 - I am running the latest VZW pushed OS - 10.2.1.3253 - only change I made was to add the Porsche Clock bar back in.
    2 - I have wanted to change my Home Screen Wall paper for ages but am running into the following issue:

When I try to change wallpaper through "settings>display" I DO see the "select wallpaper" button and it does bring me to the wallpapers located in :device/protected_media/wallpaper" but when I select any one of them, the screen just reverts back to the "settings>display" without changing the wallpaper.

Next, I have navigated to my SD card (using both File Manager and Ghost Commander) and selected any number of assorted pictures that I have, and then his the "Set As" selection in the overflow, and below is what I see -I can only "set as" for BBM Picture/Contact Picture/LinkedIn as seen in below screen shot.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20140509_174252.png 
Views:	155 
Size:	94.9 KB 
ID:	288370
    Yes I have checked and access to shared files is "on" and I am getting increasingly frustrated.Maybe its because I am old, maybe not as old a Slff, but old nonetheless..

Any Help or thoughts? BTW, I absolutley HATE the new Crackberry website, sorry. Just miss the old one where I could find things within a minute .. Why can't I choose which sub forum to place this post in, why should it be in the "Ask a Question" section..

WOW....

Thnks
    I haven't tried changing the wallpaper in settings, but my pictures app and the file manager both give me the set as wallpaper option. Since you are such a Guru, I guess I shouldn't suggest a reset.

Posted with my Z10 on Verizon 10.2.1.3253
    08-01-14 04:52 PM
    I haven't tried changing the wallpaper in settings, but my pictures app and the file manager both give me the set as wallpaper option. Since you are such a Guru, I guess I shouldn't suggest a reset.

Thanks for replying, Not sure if that was a zing or not, (the Guru part) but yes, I have done multiple resets using both holding down the power button and restarting, as well as the "2 finger salute" using both up/down volume buttons. No joy.

The 2 finger salute is a reference to the old "3 finger salute" from the BBOS days, holding down the bottom left Alt, bottom right Alt and the Del keys would restart the older units.

Not trying to be a smart a$$, just pointing out my reference.
    Last edited by zephyr613; 08-01-14 at 05:11 PM.
    08-01-14 04:57 PM
    Maybe a reload? Partial restore? I have no issues on the same build

Sent from my Asus ZenFone 5 via Tapatalk Pro
    08-01-14 05:01 PM
    Maybe a reload? Partial restore? I have no issues on the same build

Sent from my Asus ZenFone 5 via Tapatalk Pro
    Thanks, yeah, I was thinking that, but other than the wallpaper issue, I finally have my Z10 right where I like it - config wise. I guess that might be a last step, but if I do a reload, I will probably go up to 10.3.0.700 with the .296 bars. Then EVERYTHING will go sideways!!
    08-01-14 05:09 PM
    Thanks for replying, Not sure if that was a zing or not, (the Guru part) but yes, I have done multiple resets using both holding down the power button and restarting, as well as the "2 finger salute" using both up/down volume buttons. No joy.

The 2 finger salute is a reference to the old "3 finger salute" from the BBOS days, holding down the bottom left Alt, bottom right Alt and the Del keys would restart the older units.

Not trying to be a smart a$$, just pointing out my reference.
    Haha, no it wasn't a zing! And I'm usually the one being the smart a$$!:-D

08-01-14 06:01 PM
    Bump.....

Anyone? Kinda surprised ...

Maybe I shouldn't have stated my opinion on the new CB web site layout.

I apologize...

Posted from my Rockin Z10 - HOORAH
    08-05-14 01:24 PM